Leon Russell
Leon Russell, Computer Repairer
Experience:  1 year brick computer science institue, 5 years Traffic systems integration

I am unable to get into my hotmail account since yesterday.

Customer Question

I am unable to get into my hotmail account since yesterday. It say "help fight junk mail" and tries to load a challenge, it won't load.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Leon Russell replied 3 years ago.

Leon Russell :

Hello, Welcome to Justanswer!! My name is XXXX, X will assist you today, Please standby by while i Review your concerns. Thank You!

Leon Russell :

are you able to log in to the hotmail account?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

No, it gives me a challenge but won't load the challenge. This happened when I was responding to an email. It has given me a challenge in the past and it loaded it and worked fine, first time it has been a problem

Leon Russell :

click on the following link, log in to your hotmail account, then send a email to yourself, tell me the result >>> hotmail

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

It probably won't let me log in, I've tried it from other log in areas. I will try it!

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

It didn't work. It gave me the same challenge that would not upload and said "click here try again" it won't load the puzzle.

Leon Russell :

is this challenge coming up after you log in or before?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

It won't let me log in, this is the first thing that comes up. I was able to log in yesterday and read my email, just not able to respond. Every time I tried to reply the challenge came up. Now the challenge comes up and I can't even read my email.

Leon Russell :

i would have to log in as you to understand whats going on

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

ok that's fine with me

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Leon Russell :

what is the user name and password, do not include the info after @

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

I think my password XX XXXXXX

Leon Russell :

user name ?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

Customer

Leon Russell :

and thats @hotmail.com , correct?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

correct

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

I'm unsure about password. I only check email from this computer or phone

Leon Russell :

the reason you can not login is because either the user name or password XX XXXXX, you need to click on the "forgot password" link under the password XXXXX, you have to follow the process to reset password

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

I can't get into my email to reset it!

Leon Russell :

you need to click on the "forgot password" link under the password XXXXX, you have to follow the process to reset password

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

I did that and nothing happened. I continues to go to challenge

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

How can I reset password XX I can't get into my email?

Leon Russell :

you have a security question thats asking "name of your first pet"? what is the answer

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

Yellow tail

Leon Russell :

click on the following link, log in to your hotmail account with the username you always use, but the password XXXX time is justanswer

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

what llink?

Leon Russell :

sorry......... hotmail

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

It keeps taking me to the challenge.

Leon Russell :

i do not understand what this challenge this is, what is the challenge asking

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

"Help us fight junk mail"

Leon Russell :

ok but what is it asking you to do?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

There is a challenge that it is supposed to load some letters and i am supposed to type them in to prove i'm a person.

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :
I copy and pasted the message that comes in when I try to log in to my email:Most junk comes from automated programs, which can't solve puzzles like this. (Sorry we have to ask you to prove you're a person.) Get help with this
Full Size Image
We weren't able to load the challenge. Please click here to try again.
Leon Russell :

ok, so when you verifiy the letters what happens?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

The letters won't load, so I am unable to verify.

Leon Russell :

go sign in now, you should be good

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

It still won't load.Is there something on my computer that isn't allowing it to go through?

Leon Russell :

right click the fiirfox icon you use to open the browser and select safe mode, try when your in safe mode

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

When I right clicked on firefox icon, safe mode was not a option.

Leon Russell :

do you have ie explorer, try to access you email via ie

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

I am unable to access it through explorer.

Leon Russell :

why?

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

It has never worked through ie. My friend has hotmail and has the same issue.

Leon Russell :

do the following,

Leon Russell :
  1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking Disk Cleanup.

2. In the Disk Cleanup Options dialog box, choose whether you want to clean up your own files only or all of the files on the computer. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password XX confirmation, type the password XX provide confirmation.

3. If the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection dialog box appears, select the hard disk drive that you want to clean up, and then click OK.

4. Click the Disk Cleanup tab, and then select the check boxes for the files you want to delete.

5. When you finish selecting the files you want to delete, click OK, and then click Delete files to confirm the operation. Disk Cleanup proceeds to remove all unnecessary files from your computer

Leon Russell :

your going to ocme to option where u have to select the files you want deleted, select every option that has space being used to the right of it

JACUSTOMER-0vy2mks5- :

I cleaned it. No luck with opening hotmail account.

Leon Russell :

the only way the verification does not accept what you input is if you have one of the characters wrong, im sorry but i was able to get pass that verification