Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Yahoo mail does not open in Internet Explorer 9

My yahoo mail will not open in internet explorer version 9

What is the error message when opening Yahoo email in Internet Explorer 9?

Actually, part of Yahoo email server is down as of now:, but let's verify with the following:

First, can you go to and login to check your Yahoo emails?
Can you download and install Firefox and then open Firefox and go to in Firefox and see if you can login your Yahoo email in firefox.
JACUSTOMER-45a2or0i- :

Yes I can get into yahoo emails but it just will not let me open any mails, I can see 2 new mails in this morning

Viet - Computer Tech :
I'd like to verify if the yahoo's email server/your yahoo email account or the internet explorer 9 is the issue.
Can you try Firefox method and see? It's another internet browser, similar to internet Explorer.

You can download and install Firefox and then open Firefox and go to in Firefox and see if you can login your Yahoo email in firefox.

Also, try in Firefox if needed.
If it works in Firefox and not IE, then try to reset IE:
  1. Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. In Control Panel, open Internet Options. Then delete.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  6. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
  7. Close Internet Explorer, and then reopen it. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer.

If there is still issue, uninstall IE 9 as the new version 9 is still buggy:

1. Click the Start button , then Control Programs, then Programs->Programs and Features and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4. Restart

But try Firefox and see.

If all fails, this is a temporary service disruption from Yahoo side. Their servers are down at the moment. Not all, but lots of users are facing this now. Don't worry about your email messages, they will be safe. Please try again tomorrow and you can always check the Yahoo server status at

JACUSTOMER-45a2or0i- :

Thanks just opened email in firefox

Viet - Computer Tech :

Can you read your email messages from Firefox?

JACUSTOMER-45a2or0i- :

yes, have opened them all no problem

Viet - Computer Tech :

Great. You can scroll up and try my other suggestions to fix Internet Explorer and/or you can just use Firefox for your Yahoo email or any website. Firefox is faster and more reliable.