Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My laptop wont let me send or forward email messages. I can

My laptop won't let me send or forward email messages. I can receive. I suspect it might be relative to some updates that were downloaded as this started immediately following the updates. I usually have it set to only ask me about updates, but somehow got some anyway. I have since double checked my update settings!

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer:

Hi!

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, when did the issue start happening?

Customer:

Yesterday

ITTechQ&A :

After installing updates?

Customer:

Yes

ITTechQ&A :

OK, let's do a system restore to before the updates were installed.

Customer:

Ok!

ITTechQ&A :

Click on "Start" button in the search box type in system restore and hit enter.

Customer:

Will that delete photos that I put in it yesterday?

ITTechQ&A :

No, a system restore does not affect any of your data it lets you roll the clock back to fix issues like your having.

Customer:

Ok, I thought so, but wanted to be sure.

ITTechQ&A :

The system restore window will open click next in the next window select a date before yesterday updates then click next. The restore will take place it will require you to restart. After the restart please come back to the chat session.

Customer:

How do I do that?

ITTechQ&A :

Customer:

Come back to the session, I mean?

ITTechQ&A :

ITTechQ&A :

OK, come back to justanswer.com click on "login". Enter the email used to create the account. Once you are logged in click "My Questions" and click on this question to get back to the chat session.

Customer:

Oh, ok! I'll be back!!

ITTechQ&A :

OK, I will be here on standby.

Customer:

I'm baaaaaaaaaacl !!!

ITTechQ&A :

Great! How did you make out?

Customer:

I got a couple messages when it rebooted. One was "Could not load file or assembly sorttbls.nlp or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." The other one told me the HP Wireless Assistant quit working.

Customer:

I tried to send an email and still get the same message..."A problem occurred while trying to open this message."

ITTechQ&A :

OK what version of windows live are you using 2011?

Customer:

Yes

ITTechQ&A :

OK what email are you using in windows live?

Customer:

Windows Live Mail. I'm pretty sure it's Windows Live 2011, how can I check to be sure?

ITTechQ&A :

are you using a hotmail account? Yahoo or Gmail?

ITTechQ&A :

What type of email do you have setup in windows live?

Customer:

IMAP I'm using Gmail

ITTechQ&A :

OK great. We will then uninstall windows live mail and reinstall it looks like the program maybe corrupted. You will not loose any emails.

Customer:

Ok!

ITTechQ&A :

We will use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the program. It removes registry keys and program files which windows uninstaller doesn't remove.

Customer:

Ok, how do we do that/

ITTechQ&A :

Use the link provided, when you reacfh the site click on "Download Installer" and the click "Run". The site will download and install Revo for you. Click here>>>Revo

Customer:

Ok!

ITTechQ&A :

Once the installer is complete. Locate Revo on your desktop and open it. A program list will populate find windows live mail and double click on it to start uninstall process. Use the default moderate and click next delete all the of the registry keys and program files found by Revo.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

There is no "Windows Live Mail" there is Windows Live Essentials and Windows Live Sync

ITTechQ&A :

select windows live essentials. Windows live mail is part of the essentials suite.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

A window just popped up titled Windows Live Essentials, asking to remove one or more programs or repair?

ITTechQ&A :

It first uses the program uninstall click remove. In the next window it should list the essentials program windows live mail should be on the list.

Customer:

Ok, it listed 3 programs and one was "Mail" so I clicked it. Then clicked uninstall.

ITTechQ&A :

Great

Customer:

Revo appears to be in the same place. Not proceeding.

ITTechQ&A :

The programs uninstalling has to complete first.

Customer:

Ok, thanks.

ITTechQ&A :

When the program uninstaller completes revo continues it will then find the registry keys and program files left behind.

Customer:

Revo is scanning.

ITTechQ&A :

ok

Customer:

Ok, it is now showing me the results of the registry scan. Says it found3061 items.

ITTechQ&A :

select all and delete

ITTechQ&A :

same thing with program files/

Customer:

Ok, it said the remaining files will be deleted on the next start up.

ITTechQ&A :

OK no big deal.

ITTechQ&A :

Now let's download and install windows live I will provide the link.

Customer:

Ok

ITTechQ&A :

Use the link provided, when you reach the site click on "Download Now". Click here>>>Live Mail Download

Customer:

It is asking if I want to install all the live programs (recommended)

Customer:

Or choose

ITTechQ&A :

No just install windows live mail.

Customer:

Ok

ITTechQ&A :

Once you have installed live then open the program and you should be prompted to configure email. With a google IMAP all you have to enter is the email and password. Windows will do the configuration for you.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

It's 33% complete.

ITTechQ&A :

ok

ITTechQ&A :

i am here on standby

Customer:

Ok, I'll let you know when it's done!

Customer:

Do I just open the email icon?

Customer:

It says it may not be installed correctly or I might be out of memory. I know I'm not out of memory.

Customer:

Helllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ITTechQ&A :

sorry about that do a restart of the pc.

Customer:

Ok, it is NOT working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Customer:

What's going on????

ITTechQ&A :

have you restarted?

Customer:

NO! I didn't know I was supposed to restart the computer!

Customer:

Is that what you want me to do?

Customer:

I'm getting VERY frustrated and angry.

ITTechQ&A :

yes please restart

Customer:

Ok!

Customer:

I restarted. I got the same messages and another one "HP Media Smart has stopped working" Also, Windows Live Mail will NOT work.