Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.
23822421

I have a Dell printer V313W, and when I tell it to print the

Customer Question

I have a Dell printer V313W, and when I tell it to print the document I have on the screen, it prints a blank page, or at times a URL for a website where I've never been, a gov site.
New problem today.

Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

If you print this page, does it work fine?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It prints but came out with a bit on 3 separate pages. Should I be doing something or wait for your further reply?
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely using the Windows Install Cleanup TOOL and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the DELL printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://wikisend.com/download/964258 and click on "Download file" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any DELL printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you).

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://is.gd/LjDB6k <=== CLICK HERE

And click the "Download" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted. Otherwise click SAVE and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation.

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer and try to print

9- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) ( Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a Dell printer and also a Dell PC and can't tell from the uninstall feature which program goes with which - I don't want to uninstall my PC!
Just the one that says DELL V313W, if you don't see it, just continue with the next step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I went to wikisend, etc. and hit download and save. It told me to sign up, which I did, and then the screen cleared and nothing happened - it never told me to doubleclick to open.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I went to my "download" file and found the correct download. But where do I look to remove any dell printer I find?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you helping several people at once, because I'm not getting my questions answered very promptly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm at item #6. I downloaded the exe file but it didn't appear in my download folder and when I try to print, I'm told there is no driver available. What do I do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not very happy with you. I keep fiddling around since you're not available to help me, and have now supposedly downloaded the correct driver (which my computer says is not the correct driver). I tried to download the correct driver from the disc that came with my printer, but the PC now tells me the driver is incorrect. It suddenly printed a page (I didn't ask it to), but when I tried to deliberately print a page of my choice, it said my printer was not connected. Please help me! I can't do this myself.
Hello Sir/Madam. I apologize for the very long delay. If you still need help please let me know. When you download the driver, then you need to install it. Download it only is not enough, we need to install it. To install it, double click the downloaded file in order to start the installation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
John, I did everything you asked and it still wouldn't work, but then tried to get it printing by replacing the black ink cartridge. That's all that was wrong with it! This is the first ink
cartridge I've had to change since I've had the printer - I'll know next time it won't print to
just change the print cartridge.

I have to admit it would have been helpful if you'd thought of trying that first - an easy correction.
That's weird, because when the ink cartridge are out of ink the printer should say so. And also you printed this page and you say it printed... Were you using genuine Dell cartridges or generic/refilled ones?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was using genuine ones .
OK, then as the printer didn't say it was out of ink, that ink cartridge was defective. I apologize for the long delay. If you think that I helped please click the Accept button. If you don't think so, no problem at all. Have a great weekend! If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) ( Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And I noticed above that I said it printed but only a bit on 3 separate pages. I guess the relevant question would have been, "But it printed everything?" Then I would have checked and said only color (because there was so little printed that I couldn't tell that I had printed this page).
You are right, I apologize. Have a great weekend!