Paul E
Paul E, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc Electronics with 26 years of computer hardware/software support with HandsOn experience.

My laptop battery wont charge. it says 0% available plugged

My laptop battery won't charge. it says 0% available plugged in, not charging.
It usually has a pink light that turns blue when its done charging. Now it has a pink light that turns black then back to pink.
How do I get it back to normal?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Paul E replied 5 years ago.

Paul E :

Hi. How old is the laptop ? If more than 3 years old, it looks as if the battery could be faulty. If not, the charging cicuit on the mainboard may also be faulty. One thing you can try is to turn off the laptop, remove battery and power supply, then hold the power button down for about 60 secs. Take your finger off the power button and reinstall your battery and power supply. Reboot and see if the problem remains. If it is still faulty, then I would recommend changing the battery, but your local PC repair shop should be able to test it for you first.