Adam
Adam, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician for over 10 years.

In setting up the slingbox pro-hd I am getting to the Initialize

Customer Question

In setting up the slingbox pro-hd I am getting to the "Initialize" and cannot get past that step.
What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Linda Cintron replied 3 years ago.

Linda Cintron :

Hello! I'm Linda. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. I'm your Computer Specialist.

Linda Cintron :

Is it getting stuck on initializing?

Linda Cintron :

What device are you connecting it to?

Customer:

Yes.

Customer:

Hello Linda.

Customer:

Will I get an answer soon, or I should forget it?

Linda Cintron :

I need to analyze and troubleshoot your problem first bf I can tell u that.

Linda Cintron :

What device are you connecting the slingbox pro-hd to?

Linda Cintron :

I need to know this before I can help you

Customer:

The time warner cable box to a wireless router (Trendnet TEW647GA)

Linda Cintron :

ok

Linda Cintron :

Reboot the router and try again

Customer:

I got a message that the connection from the slingbox to the internet has been disabled and retried a few times.

Linda Cintron :

Did you reboot both devices, router first than the slingbox?

Customer:

No. I will.

Customer:

I did. I am again at the Initialize step and cannot get past that.

Linda Cintron :

I'm going to change this posting to another expert whom is familiar with the slingbox better than I. Not sure why its stuck. Wait for another expert.

Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm Adam, I'll be helping you solve this issue.

PLEASE hit the Accept button if my response resolves the issue, otherwise reply and we'll continue.

Here is what you will need to do on a computer on the network with the slingbox.

1. Click HERE select US

2. Then hit the watch tab on the top left of the page

3. Then login to your account

4. Then hit slingplayer setup > get started

5. Check for updates

6. It will update then try to watch tv from the computer if it works then your good to go!

If this has helped, please hit the Accept!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got to the end but I cannot get a video signal
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

Did you double check all the connections to the sling box and made sure it is on the network?

If all looks good, then I would do a reset on the SlingBox and start over again.

Adam, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer technician for over 10 years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
got it
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.
AWSOME!! I am glad it is back working!