CompuGeek
CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
47701907

How can I transfer my storage folders in Windows Live Mail

Customer Question

How can I transfer my storage folders in Windows Live Mail from an old computer that is dying to my new computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.

CompuGeek :

I am one of the Expert with justanswer.com who will be assisting you and will fix the problem in no time for you. Welcome to the justanswer chat.

CompuGeek :

You can backup you old computers windows live mail

CompuGeek :

and then import it back to the new computer

CompuGeek :

you can follow the steps

CompuGeek :

Let me know how it goes

CompuGeek :

Please ask in case you need further support or have any questions

CompuGeek :

If all your question was answered to your satisfaction you may hit the accept button to reward the time we spent

CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. You should use the Export command to save the mails and folders in the old computer. And should use import command in the new computer to store it. Carefully follow the instructions.

Exporting from Old Computer
1. Create a new empty folder at the location you want to backup your Windows Mail messages to.
NOTE: For example, create a new empty folder named Messages at C:\Users\(user name)\Documents.

2. Open Windows Mail.

3. Click on File and then Export and Messages. (See screenshot below)
file_export.jpg
4. Click on Microsoft Windows Mail and click Next.
export_as_format.jpg
5. Click on Browse.
WARNING: You will only be able to Export into a selected empty folder.
export_location.jpg
6. Navigate to the location of your empty new folder (which created in step 1) and highlight the new folder, then click on Select Folder.

NOTE: For example, go to C:\Users\(user name)\Documents and highlight the Messages folder.
export_to_browse.jpg
7. Make sure the Export To location is correct and click on Next. (See screenshot below)
export_to_location.jpg
8. Select (dot) All folders and click on Next. (See screenshot below)

select_to_export.jpg
9. Click on Finish. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: Your messages have been Exported to the selected location from step 1 and 6 above. You can save this exported folder to something like a DVD or USB key to backup or use to transfer to another computer. If you cannot copy the exported folder for some reason, then place the exported folder in a ZIP file first and try again.
export_complete.jpg

Importing in New Computer

1. Open Windows Mail in the new computer.

2. Click on File, Import, and Messages. (See screenshot below)
file_import.jpg
3. Click on Microsoft Windows Mail and click on Next. (See screenshot below)

import_from_format.jpg
4. Click on Browse. (See screenshot below)
import_location.jpg
5. Navigate to the location of your backed up exported messages folder and only highlight the exported folder, then click on Select Folder. (See screenshots below)

NOTE: For example, from OPTION ONE go to C:\Users\(user name)\Documents and highlight the Messages folder.
import_from_browse.jpg
6. Make sure the Import From location is correct and click on Next. (See screenshot below)
import_from_location.jpg
7. Select (dot) All folders and click on Next. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you only want to import a individual folder, then dot Selected folders and click on the folder you want to import.
import_select.jpg
8. Click on Finish. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: Your messages have been Imported from the selected location from step 5 above.
import_complete.jpg
9. Now just move the email messages from the Imported Folders to the mailbox folder you want them in. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: For example, you can Drag and Drop or highlight the email messages and click Move to Folder. The folders can only be moved one at a time.

10. When done, you can delete these Imported Folders.
NOTE: To delete, just right click on the imported folder and click Delete.
imported_folders.jpg

Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK