hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

why no video on slingbox pro hd... just moved...set it up ...

Customer Question

why no video on slingbox pro hd... just moved...set it up ... new cable box... same tv... have audio.. have video on sling if i take hdmi cable out of back of tv and leave it unterminated...but that's not right..
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your computer problem.

Are you also using HDMI for the Slingbox too please?

Could it be that if there is a signal on the HDMI cable the TV will accept that one automatically and you have to manually set the input on the TV for the Slingbox?

If both devices are using the HDMI if you swap the cables around to put them in the opposite HDMI socket does that help?

Experience: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is no HDMI input on the slingbox, and i've set the inputs on the slingbox.

Thankyou

It sounds like the TV is putting priority to the HDMI input if you have to unplug it.

With the HDMI cable plugged in can you change to the input that the Slingbox is plugged to using the TV's remote control?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i've tried to do that, but it doesn't seem possible

Thankyou for clicking my Accept button.

If your TV has different inputs then it will be possible. There is probably a button on your TV's remote called "Input", or a menu button that lets you choose the AV input rather than the HDMI input.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the hdmi signal comes out of the cable box on 3 plugs (green blue red), and directly into the slingbox. (audio on two plugs - white and red - also from the cable box directly to the slingbox)

on a separate coaxial cable out of the cable box (with an hdmi plug into the tv) comes the signal into the tv.

this configuration has worked before.

and only when i unplug the hdmi cable from the back of the tv does the slingbox output video (audio is being outputted)

Hello there,

Sorry, but I am confused with your terminology.

The Green, Blue & Red sockets are not HDMI, they are Component. This cable together with the audio is going from your Cable Box to your Slingbox and from your Slingbox to your TV. Is that correct?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

HDMI looks like this:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

This cable is going from the Cable Box directly to your TV?

That means your TV is receiving signals on the HDMI socket and also the Component sockets.

If your TV has something plugged into the HDMI socket, then it will take this signal in favour of the others. As I mentioned above, you need to press a button on your TV remote to tell it to take the signal from the Component inputs and then you will see your Slingbox picture.