John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

hkcmd.exe-ordinal not found The ordinal 383 could not be located

hkcmd.exe-ordinal not found The ordinal 383 could not be located in the dynamic link library. iertutil.dll.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

cyball83 :

Hello and Welcome to Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

cyball83 :

Please come to the chat so that I can help you

cyball83 :

When did this problem started?

Customer:

I need both questions ansered.

cyball83 :

When did this problem started?

Customer:

4 days ago when i downloaded windows earthnet then stopped download before it finished.

cyball83 :

Which web browser are you using (Internet explorer,Mozilla Firefox,Google Chrome etc)

Customer:

Chrome

cyball83 :

First we can try system restore.

Before we continue

Please bookmark/add to favorites this page or use the My Questions button at the top of any page on the justanswer.com This will show the question you asked click on that and it will open the chat. So that you can get back to this chat even if you get disconnected or your pc gets restarted

cyball83 :

let me know once you have done that

cyball83 :

did you do it?let me know

Customer:

It is done.

cyball83 :

click start and type rstrui in the search box then press Enter.That will open system restore windows let me know once you get that

cyball83 :

did you get system restore window?

Customer:

I was not able to find start or search box.I am new to computers,and do not know much about what i am doing.Every time i run system restore i lose part of norten 360 and have to run live update.Also iam loosing battery power,my time is short.

cyball83 :

ok can you plug in the power sir

Customer:

I have to leave this chat ,time is almost gone,unable to souce power.

cyball83 :

i told you to do system restore because it may fix this issue.

cyball83 :

can you try system restore and let me know the status once you have charged the battery

Customer:

I did try,and still same problem.Not fixed.

cyball83 :

Do you have windows 7 installation disc with you?

Customer:

No?

cyball83 :

the next step is to try clean boot.i will leave the steps to do that once you have charged the battery come back to chat and do the steps is that ok with you

Customer:

Yes,i will have to go now i will be able to chat on sunday.Thankyou for now.

cyball83 :

ok sir.i will leave the instruction please check it and do it.let me know the status too

Customer:

OK

cyball83 :

Ok sir thank you for your time and patience

cyball83 :

click start then type msconfig in the search programs and files box and press Enter that will open system configuration window.On the General tab, click to select the option Selective startup, and then click to clear the option Load startup items check box
Now click on Services Tab.click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.Now restart and check whether you get those error messages.if you are not getting the error message.you need to get back to system configuration and enable 2 or 3 services then restart and check it.if that doesn't give these error message again enable the 2 or 3 service until you get the error message do the process and once you get the error message stop enabling services and disable the service which you enabled last time.you need to restart each time once you enable and disable the service also you need to click apply and ok in the system configuration window to get the restart option

cyball83 :

let me know

cyball83 :

Please check this image for the location of start menu and search button in the desktop

Full Size Image

cyball83 :

also please try this too if the above step fails.click start>>>type cmd in the search box and press enter that will open command prompt (a black window like this

Full Size Image

cyball83 :

in command prompt type the following and press enter

sfc /scannow (there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

cyball83 :

The process will take some time .once its done.restart the pc and check it

cyball83 :

let me knwo

cyball83 :

i mean know

cyball83 :

If it worked please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this chat page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback and some Bonus will be well appreciated. That’s the only way i get paid for the services i have provided to you

Customer:

Hello cyball83, i have tried the first fix selective startup,did not work,now i have started cmd and it tells me i have to be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility.What do i do now.Also 383 problem starts as soon as i turn on p.c.

cyball83 :

Please try the following

cyball83 :

click start>>>control panel>>>user accounts.In user accounts window you can see your user account you are now logged in.now click on change your account type.Change the your account type to administrator.

cyball83 :

Then try to run that sfc /scannow.if it fails again

cyball83 :

Restart the computer then press F8 repeatedly. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode and then press ENTER.once you are in safe mode.open command prompt(cmd) and run the sfc /scannow

cyball83 :

let me know

Customer:

I have tried what you said but i only have a 8 key no f8 ,and kept trying to press before screen opened ,did not work also in user acc i already am administrator.

Customer:

I will have to leave this chat now but will keep trying what you asked me to do, by the way this is a HP DV6 laptop if that helps.

cyball83 :

F8 key is standard in all keyboard.it is located on the Top middle of the keyboard like this

Full Size Image

cyball83 :

please try again.please specify the full model of the laptop.which you can find on the bottom of the laptop on sticker.For example dv6414.if the above mentioned step didn't work we need to do a restore the system to factory settings.which will erase the data on the hard drive.so please back up the data to external drive.let me know

Customer:

Hello cyball found f8 very small writing.Thankyou very very much problem 383 solved.Very close to your directions.Took time to work out but everything working normal.Once again thankyou for all your help.

John, Computer Specialist
Experience: MCP, RHCE