Daniel, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ years designing microprocessors., Website developer, PC specialist and consultant.
47322625

I forgot my yahoo email password, and I also changed my phone

Customer Question

I forgot my yahoo email password, and I also changed my phone number from the one that is on my account. How am I suppose to retrieve my password XXXXX I changed my number?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Silicon Savant :

Hi there happy to help.

Silicon Savant :

You don't need to have a phone number to change your password.

Silicon Savant :

Go to this page and click the link for the "Sign in Problems" page.

Silicon Savant :

Click the button in front of "I forgot my password"

Silicon Savant :

Follow instructions from there to verify the account and change the password.

Silicon Savant :

Hope this helps,

Silicon Savant :

If this answer helped you please click the ACCEPT button.

Customer :

no, it did not work. After clicking the button in front of "I forgot my password", it askes me for my mobile number, which I changed to a whole new phone number, that is not listed in my yahoo account information.

Silicon Savant :

is there not another email adress you attached to this account?

Customer :

no

Silicon Savant :

you should have gotten a page next that asked for your YahooID and asked you to enter numbers that appeared in a window.

Silicon Savant :

Did you get this?

Customer :

yes i did, and right after that that is when they asked for my mobile number and when i clicked the button for "i couldnt access any of the above" it took me to similar questions like mine.

Silicon Savant :

what do you mean by "similar questions like mine" Do you know the answer to your security question?

Customer :

if i was to see what my security question is i would know the answer but i forgot what that the question is (they never asked me what it is only my mobile number).

Silicon Savant :

OK, if you don't have any ifornmation to verifiy your account your best option is to simply open a new account with yahoo.

Silicon Savant :

Your old account will close in a few months from inactivity.

Customer :

oh ok thanks i guess i will have to do that

Silicon Savant :

You understand that for security reasons for everyone's well being the verification process must be strict.

Silicon Savant :