Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

My Microsoft internet explorer shuts down on certain websites,mostly

My Microsoft internet explorer shuts down on certain websites,mostly at this time for my online Banking with Bank of America. I can gt on the internet....go to the bank web site....then sometimes it lets me sign in and I can see my accounts...but when I try to click on details for one it shots down...recovers...shuts down again. The banks said that I need to talk with microsoft. Coincidental the bank asked to load down a new security sortware "Rapport" happened after that...Help~! Ingeborg Hobbs

Viet - Computer Tech :

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please try the following:

Viet - Computer Tech :

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.

• Click Start , and then click Control Panel.

• In Control Panel, open Internet Options. Then delete history.

• Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

• In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

• When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.

• Close Internet Explorer, and then reopen it. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer.

• Viet - Computer Tech :

If there is still issue, please click here, to download and install Firefox browser and open Firefox and see if you go to banking website or any website in Firefox and check.

Will I lose this informationI/chat if I close everything? The bank tech help asked me to I have Mozilla Firefox and have tried to go that way...did not work

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can bookmark/add to favorite this web page to get back to me any time.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Also, try Google Chrome browser if needed:

Viet - Computer Tech :

If that fails,
    Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    The information you gave me fixed my problem. Thank you so much! You made my evening. I have one more question. I made Google/Chrome my default browser....and everything seems to work there. The old google is still linked to the bottom icon....and the bank problem is solved there also....but, The question popps up that "microsoft internet explorer" is no longer my default, do you want to make it that....does that matter? Should I say yes or no....
    Just say no. Google/Chrome is your default browser now; it's better. Please let me know if you have any other question.

Please click on Accept if you are satisfied and please leave positive feedback.

Thank you for using Please come back next time for any other computer issue.