Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician with a degree in System Administration.

My new computer doesnt recognize my old printer (Lexmark X125).

My new computer doesn't recognize my old printer (Lexmark X125). What do I do?!

Hi. I am Rick and I will be your Computer Expert. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

I am afraid there are no drivers for that model of Lexmark. Lexmark optioned not to make new drivers for it to work with windows 7. THere is nothing you can do that will make it work. The printer is obsolete and you will need to upgrade to something newer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm still laughing at your answer. I never got such straight forward bad news before...

Well, in a way I was expecting that. A message on my computer said if it's a USB printer it'll be recognized automatically. Lexmark X125 is a USB printer. I knew something was wrong...

Thanks for your quick help.

Any printer that you recommend for me to buy?

Glad I could make you smile. I am sort of partial to the hp photosmart series printers. They are easy to set up, and operate efficiently, and the ink will not put you in the poor house. Of all the printers I work on I see HP less than any other one. I hope that helps you.