Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Computer Repair Business Owner & Specialist / CIS Degree
40218039

why wont my system restore work How can I fix it

why won't my system restore work? How can I fix it?
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Most commonly, antivirus is usually the culprit. Have you tried disabling the antivirus before initating the system restore? If not, please try.

The other option would be to restore from the Vista OS DVD. Put the Vista OS DVD into DVD drive, power on the machine. Find the key (or key sequence) for Boot Options or Boot Menu. Select to boot to the CD/DVD drive. Press space barif prompted to press any key to continue to boot to cd/dvd.

Allow Windows Setup to boot up, select your language, then click Repair Your Computer (lower left)---do not select Install Now.

Look for the System Restore option. Select it and then attempt your restore this way. The restore will begin and complete then your machine will reboot. Upon reboot, remove the Vista DVD.

This should accomplish this task.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I won't accept until I know it works. How do I come back later to accept so you recieve credit? If my favorites don't work?

Also If I do a system restore to before I upgraded google earth, will it go back to the older version of google earth? I hate the newere one.

Please do not accept unless you are satisfied.

You can save this URL to return here:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/4t36s-won-t-system-restore-work-fix-it.html

Doing a system restore will remove the current version of Google Earth and may or may not revert back to the old version.

If you just want to get an older version of Google Earth, please go to this link: http://www.filehippo.com/download_google_earth/history/. Find the version you want and download it. Be sure to uninstall the Google Earth you currently have and then install whatever version you want.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am having a problem downloading Google earth, it want to install pdf and I am not sure how to get ge, can you tell me how?

What version are you trying to download?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have it now.

Do you receive credit for your reply? because I subscribed, and was told I had no more to pay. but when i clicked accept answer it said it would be yet another $38.

I really appreciate your help, but it said first month free.

I hope you are paid.

I have not be credited. I will contact management to let them know to contact you (I have no access to your account or control over billing).

Glad to assist you. Thanks.