Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

My gmail account was hacked, now Im not receiving any messages

My gmail account was hacked, now I'm not receiving any messages in my inbox, is there a way to fix this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below in order to reset your password:

1- Please click here --->http://www.google.com/accounts/recovery

2- Enter your email address and click the Submit button

3- Enter the characters in the SAME ORDER you see there

4- Click Continue

5- Follow All the steps to reset your password

6- Then go to www.gmail.com and enter your email and password XXXXX then click Sign In

7- Does it work now?

8- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

9- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No it didn't work. I know my dad has sent me three messages today and they still aren't showing up.
OK, please immediately change your email password XXXXX you haven't already. A good password XXXXX at least one capital letter, one number and one symbol ($, #, etc) and a length of minimum 8-10 characters. Please change your password XXXXX soon as possible.

Also, don't forget to change the security questions/answers and the alternate email (if your email address has one)

Then please try to send an email message to yourself and let me know if you receive it.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My password XXXXX XXXXX This happened last Tuesday. I have not recieved any messages since then.

I sent a message to myself and that didn't work. Frown
That's so weird. If you check your email from another browser, like Safari, does it work?

Also make sure you don't have any "filter" that remove, archive or move the incoming emails. To check it, please click "settings", then click "Filters". What do you see under "The following filters are applied to all incoming mail:" ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found it. Somehow all my emails were being sent to another email that was hacked. That one also isn't working. I sent another one to myself and then it work. Grrrr. Stupid wifi spots. I was on vacation and accidently used one and it was all over from there. Now I gotta fix my yahoo account.
OK. If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci