Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer shut down and my word document didnt autorecover. Help!!!!

Customer Question

My computer shut down and my word document didn't autorecover.
Help!!!! Lost a weekend's worth of work!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

In that case the only hope is to search a shadow copy left on your computer before you deleted the original file.

You need to download ShadowExplorer from this link : LINK

Then using this tool, look up at the location where you had opened the file. Also check the Temp folder at C:\windows\temp ... also as explained here : LINK

If you are not able to find it using this tool, then there is no way to get the file back.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had it saved on the desktop. Which folder is the desktop in???
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

You need to browse through Start > Computer > User account > Desktop

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Shsdowexplorer doesn't have that. It has only an option wehre you can look through the C drive. I went users=>all users =>owner=>desktop. I could open the folder for my classes this semester as a whole. I could then open the folder that I have dedicated to this particular class. Once I opened that folder, the contents look like what I had a week ago.

This means I'm screwed, right?
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Yes, in that case the shadow files for your document does not exist there and so it is not possible to retrieve that data, I am sorry.