Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Have RunDLL error at start up There was a problem starting. C Users aj AppData Local uni

Customer Question

Have RunDLL error at start up There was a problem starting.
C:\Users\aj\AppData\Local\unimapTray\SystemcfgErum.dll

The specified module could not befound.

I tried using windows info URESUBAS.DLL & CTRELI.DLL neither of these worked.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

When did this error message start coming at startup?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After I installed Bit Defender anti virus software
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Okay. As a test - please go to Start, and type in msconfig in the search box, and press ENTER.

In the System Configuration Utility window that comes up, click on Services, then check 'Hide All Microsoft services', then click 'Disable All'. Done that, click on Startup, then click 'Disable All'.

Hit Apply thereafter, restart, and let me know if this get rid of the error message at startup.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have Hide All Microsoft Services under Services.

All boxes are checked
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
I have now included a screenshot for you, as follows:

graphic

Let me know if you can find the option now.

Regards
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
Please reply to me here; did you disable all of the startup items, as directed?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
I see. Before troubleshooting any further, please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore, then follow the on-screen directions to restore the system back to a date and time back to before you started having this issue with your system.

Restart thereafter, and let me know if this resolves your issue all right.

If the system restore doesn't complete successfully for some reason, or if there's no restore point available for that period, just let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried system restore, could not go back to date when problem started 2/28. Tried another date received error message: System restore did not complete successfully.

Details:
An unspecified error occurred during system restore (oxcooooo22)

The changes I'm trying are making my computer run worse.

Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
I see, no problem. Now, please try carrying out a system restore in 'Safe Mode', as follows:

1) Restart, and press F8 repeatedly at bootup until Advanced Windows Options comes up.

2) Then in the menu, select Safe Mode and run Windows in that mode.

3) Then, login to your account, you should get a prompt asking if you want to do a System Restore ..follow the instructions accordingly.

4) Now, the System Restore window should come up, select Restore my computer to an earlier time, and press Next.

5) In the calender list that's displayed, select a date you want to restore your system to, and select a Restore Point available in the corresponding right side of the list, and click Next, then Finish.

6) Now, your system should do a System Restore back to the date you had selected, and reboot your computer.

7) Now start Windows normally and see if the restore shows up as having completed successfully.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
System Restore window does not come up?
Expert:  Barun replied 5 years ago.
No problem, did you run the restore in safe mode by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools?

Regards