Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a Logitech 300 wireless keyboard and I cannot type my

Customer Question

I have a Logitech 300 wireless keyboard and I cannot type my password XXXXX logon to my computer??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Greetings

Have you replaced the batteries on the keyboard?

Is the mouse wireless as well?

Do they use the same receiver if so?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
new batteries in keyboard - wireless mouse also works fine - same receiver

Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Hmmm.

Have you tried changing the USB port for the receiver? It should force a reinstall of the software? You'll need to wait about 1 minute for it to reinstall, just keep tapping the keys every couple seconds to see if it does.

Do you have a wired keyboard?

Please respond to both.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, changed USB port, no wired keyboard, it's as if the keyboard is disabled, is there a key or combonation of keys that do that?
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
No, its sounds more like to me it might be defective or the driver corrupt (we're hoping the latter).

Almost impossible to test if we can't get into Windows though.

Try booting to safe mode (restart your computer), as its starting, just after the initial splash screen, start tapping the F8 key (this is done before windows begins to load) when done correctly you can select Safe mode.

You can first, try to see if the keyboard works on the safe mode log in screen, if it does not, see if another account appeared like Administrator that doesn't have a password you can click to get into the system and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I boot the system it tells me I have a keyboard and three hubs installed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The keyboard is not able to tap F8
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Good point.

I really want to help, but without a wired keyboard I won't be able to do any further testing, and I apologize for that.

Though I am leaning towards defective keyboard, but I can't be concrete on that. I will opt out in case perhaps an expert has any other ideas in doing tests without a keyboard.

Sorry, should you get a hardwired keyboard, just update this and I'll return so we can confirm its defective.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Question.. is your keyboard installed, on one of the hubs by chance?

Also. can you remove evrything but the keyboard.. and try to start..

if that doesnt work, whats the name brand and model of the computer you have?