Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

I cant connect to the Local Network with my new ROKU. I

Customer Question

I can't connect to the "Local Network" with my new ROKU. I have entered the Router WEP correctly and I am getting a greeen light for connection to the router but red to the local network and it stops there.

What password XXXXX I looking for. My router is a 2WIRE415? Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just My name is Sandy and I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today.

Please check your netgear key as under:

Netgear key:

Please, follow these steps on the computer(like your desktop computer) which is connected to the router using an ethernet cable. However, if you have only laptop, please connect an extra cable from router to laptop.

Also, please make sure that Modem must be connected to the Internet/wan port of the router.

Open an Internet Explorer browser and type the router IP address
Hit enter.
Now, type the use name=admin
Now, click OK.
Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu in the left-hand navigation bar.
Under Wireless Network, you will see your network name in the Name (SSID) box.
Under Security Options, you will find your security key.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This answer is not acceptable. There is no entry available in the ROKU dialog other than the WEP. Where can I enter this. Also, my Router has the DSL interface inside with no external connection. Finally, I have no version of IE available at this time. If the ROKU doesn't work with MAC OS, please let me know.
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Please reset your netgear router as under:

Note: This will disconnect internet services on the computer once but, you will be connected once you try to connect to them again.

Once you reset it sucessfully, please try to connect wireless. If it still asks for password, please disconnect the cables connecting the modem, router and computer and turn them off.Now, please connect the cables back in and restart modem first, second router and then computer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am very disturbed at your responses, so far. First, I have an ATT router, 2Wire415 and not a netgear and while they are similar, they are not exactly the same. Second, I am using a Macbook with OS 10.6 and Safari Browser and not IE. Finally, I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with an ATT techie to get my router back on line which explains the delay in my response.

The original problem, connecting the ROKU to my wireless home network remains. When I turn it on, it has three "LEDs" sas an option