boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp
43327059

The Calendar function in my Yahoo mail is not funtioning properly.

The Calendar function in my Yahoo mail is not funtioning properly. How do I get help?
Hello, I am here to assist you.

What exactly is the problem with your calendar functioning improperly, as much detail as possible helps, thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I click on "Calendar" in my Yahoo mail, the calendar only partially displays, I cannot enter or access information on the calendar, I cannot advance to another day, and there is an "error on page" message at the bottom of the window.
Go to this link and copy and paste the exact browser it shows you using.

http://supportdetails.com/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are we still connected?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ARe we still connected?
yes, I am here.

Try this fix it software in the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Click on the run now green button in page. Then restart your IE browser and try again. What are the results, please post to me.

You can also try below if that doesnt work.

Have you tried any other browsers to see if you get same results.

Download the browser from this link and then log into your yahoo and tell me what happens with your calendar.

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl=en&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

Its called google chrome and just hit the download google chrome button to download. Once downloaded browse to file and double left click to start installation. Follow on screen instructions.

Once installed run google chrome and browse to your yahoo email and log in, check if calendar still acts the same.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll give that a try and get back to you
Please do, I will assist as long as it takes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Installing Google Chrome seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The first time I attempted to access the Calendar after installing Google Chrome it appeared to work fine. The next time I tried, the same problem recurred. I am not satisfied that the problem has been fixed.
Ok, what is the error on page that displays at bottom.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No idea what the error is. As I mentioned in a previous note. When I click on "calendar", a window comes up that only partially displays today's calendar. Down in the left hand corner of the window is the word "done". When I attempt to advance the calendar to another date, "done" is replaced with "error on page".
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I know if I have successfully installed Google Chrome?
You will have gotten a window in the setup saying it is complete and then you click on finish.There will also be a shortcut on your desktop. Also if you go to start->all programs-> you should see an application called google chrome.

According to what I have seen and have experienced in the pass is that the Yahoo mail calender can glitch if it gets any kind of error like lost packets and such which can be caused randomly, it usually works best with mozzilla firefox which is my recommended browser.

Here is the latest version:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/

When using yahoo mail and trying to access the calendar things like your ISP having unusual newok activity can cause it to glitch.

If you have antivirus software installed conduct a virus check on that software.

This problem reoccurs a lot and could possibly not be your computer. Like I stated above when calendar glitches or errors with IE I always switch to firefox and it works fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll check to be sure I've installed Google Chrome correctly. If so, I'll try the other option you suggested and get back to you.
Thank you and sorry that the calendar is giving you problems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I confirmed that Google Chrome was properly installed and has shown up as an icon on my desktop. I accessed Yahoo Mail through that icon and the calendar function is working fine. Once again, I think we're there. Thanks for the help. I'll get back to you if I have any further problems.
Please do, just for your info. I would suggest you get used to using the other browsers I had you download simply because IE has many memory and compatibility issues. At times it is required to view certain sites, if not required I suggest never using.

Your welcome, return to justanswer.com anytime for your problem solving needs.