Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

I want to connect bluetooth speakers to my laptop (a Packard

Customer Question

I want to connect bluetooth speakers to my laptop (a Packard Bell EasyNote TJ74 with Windows 7). The speakers run on A2DP bluetooth, and I can't find a way to get my laptop to 'find' the speakers. Is there a way to connect them or do I need to download some bluetooth software?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm Bernie and I'll be the technician helping you today. Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

To run the speakers, you must:
  1. Add a Bluetooth adapter to your computer.

This is usually done by plugging the adapter into a USB port. (If a Bluetooth adapter is already built in or attached to your computer, ignore this step.)

2. Set up the device so that your computer can find it.

To do this, you must:

• Turn the device on.

• Make it discoverable.

To learn how to make a device discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer’s website.

3. Install the device.

To install most devices, such as a mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, or personal digital assistant (PDA), you can use Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel. If you have Bluetooth wireless technology installed on your computer, follow these steps:

1. Click the Windows Logo button on the bottom left of your desktop, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.

2. Click Add, and then follow the instructions