Could you please give me the complete error message?
Try a System Restore ,to restore your system to a date before the problem occured.
Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > pick a different time > Next
See if it helps.
Please try this:
1. Click Start, type regedit.exe and press ENTER:
2. Navigate to the following key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Word.Document.8 \ shell \ Open \ ddeexec
3. Right-click the ddeexec key and choose Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
4. Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Word.Document.8 \ shell \ Open \ command
5. Double-click (default) and set its value data to:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" /n "%1"
6. Exit the Registry Editor.
Thst should fix the issue.
You need not perform a system restore.
Please go to registry and delete the corrupt key.
That should fix the problem..
Follw these steps:
1. Uninstall office
2. Go to regedit
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft
4. Right-click and delete the ‘Office' key
1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft
2. Right-click and delete the ‘Office' key
Then, fresh-install the Office.
Now the problem is with opening word documents or with word itself?
Is word opening fine from start menu?
CLick start.. Type
winword /safe and press enter.
Note there is a space between winword and space
sEE IF it finds something
None of the Microsoft Office Diagnostics found any problems.