Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

I keep getting a message saying gfuix is not working. Also

Customer Question

I keep getting a message saying gfuix is not working. Also windows has taken over contol of management of my computer and disabled my CLEAR connections and I am not able to establish WiFi connectibility with Clear even with their assistance. All this happened after when I removed some Windows Updates that I felt were changing things without my permission. Windows still prevents me from managing my computer, but I need my WiFi connection with clear re-established and I know Window is Blocking it. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.

Bernie :

Hi, I'm Bernie and I'll be the technician helping you today. Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I'll stand by for your reply. Thanks

Bernie :

When did this first happen time wise?

Customer :

Approximately 2 months ago.

Bernie :

I see - this gfuix has to do with your graphics card, probably just a bad driver, does it pop up when you first log into your computer?

Customer :

Yes, every time.

Bernie :

1. Click the Windows Logo button (bottom left)
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the search box and press Enter
3. Double click Display, and give me the name of your graphics adapter that shows there

Customer :

It said Symantec Symevent is updated (?)

Bernie :

Yes most likely this is just an issue of your graphic card drivers and direct x not being up to date, I can provide you with those drivers to download and install.

I see, lets try this then: Click the windows logo button (lower left) then type dxdiag and then press enter on the keyboard, please provide me with the following information:

On the system tab, the Direct X version

On the Display tab, the name of your device, please post that here

Customer :

DirectX11; IntelR Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Bernie :

On that page do you see nvidia listed anywhere?

Bernie :

Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your patience, when you get the chance, can you tell me the make and model of your computer?

1. Click the Windows Logo button (Bottom left of screen)
2. Type system in the search box
3. Select system from the search results
4. Please find your manufacturer and model and post that in your next reply

Customer :

Don't see nvidia. Inhave a laptop Toshiba Satelite A505; 64 bit operating system

Customer :

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas - but I will opt out and give other experts a chance to try and solve your question. You'll get an email when another technician has posted to this page. They have access to this thread and can see everything we've tried so far. Thank you for you patience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need someone to help answer my question and resolve my problem, or tell me what I need to do. So far I have paid $35.00 for no advise at all. I need help.