Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

Facebook has locked me out of my account. The help center told

Customer Question

Facebook has locked me out of my account. The help center told me to reset my password. Did that. Then it sent me a code to imput. Did that. Now it won't accept code. I have been at this for three days. What do I do? I have even beento a site that asked me to describe my Facebook profile photo. Did that and still nothing. Help me please !!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Frederick and I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. It sounds like you're trying to use the security code they sent as your password, and that's not how their reset process works. You need to request your password, and then leave that page open. Wait for the e-mail to arrive, and then copy that code into the security code box, then you'll be able to reset your password on the page after that. However, you *must* wait until 24 hours after you last tried, otherwise you will not be able to. Hope this helps; thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Any other hints, because I belive I tried it that way, too.

Thanks,

Barbara
Hi Barbara... I'm not sure what else to tell you. I had gone through the Facebook reset process a few times to come up with that answer, so if you could just try it one more time then get back to me tomorrow around this time, that'd be great. Just request the code once more, then wait for it to arrive in your e-mail (don't close the window where you have to enter the code) then either click the link in that e-mail or copy/paste that code into the box then you will be able to reset your password from there. I promise, it will work :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Here goes. I'll let you know.
Thanks,

Barbara
Sounds good; thanks.