Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

how do i reboot an acer aspire 5810tz-4657 laptop without using

Customer Question

how do i reboot an acer aspire 5810tz-4657 laptop without using the cd rom as it is non functional and the operating system is not working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 6 years ago.

Hello, this is how you put it back to Factory Settings...

1) Turn on the computer
2) When you see the Acer Logo Screen, press and hold the ALT key and start tapping/pressing F10 repeatedly
3) Follow Instructions for Recovery

NOTE: When the recovery loads you will be prompted for a password. This should have been set by you if you have been into the Acer Recovery Management software previously. If you have forgotten the password or you wish to clear the password you need to boot off the recovery disk that should have been created.

More Information

From the Acer toolbar at the top of the desktop click on the disk icon. Setup a password if requested. After clicking on setup you need to click Create Password to continue. Create a password and add a password hint (strongly recommended).

You now have the option of restoring from a previous Windows VistaTM backup or you can start the Acer recovery process. The recovery is started by clicking Restore at the bottom of the window.

Further types of recovery are now presented. Choose Restore system to factory default if you wish to run the hard drive based recovery and return your Acer computer back to it's original factory default state.

Note: The factory default recovery will wipe ALL data from the computer so ensure important data has been saved to disk before proceeding. Enter the password that was previously set. Confirm you wish to run the recovery process. After confirming you wish to run the recovery process the computer will restart and restore all the original files.

Complete the Out of Box Experience when prompted. After a couple of restarts the computer will run through restoring the preinstalled software that came with your computer and then be ready to use.

Order Acer Recovery Disc

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

Acer: 1-800-816-2237

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

this does not work just brings me to a blank scree the operating system does not kick in and the disc drive does not work i must do this without it

Do you have a Windows Disc and a 4GB USB Flash Drive?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes

Great! Is your Windows XP/Vista/7... ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

windows 7

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

actually it has vista i apologise

Thanks! Make sure your 4GB USB Flash Drive is empty before we begin. We first have to convert it to a bootable flash drive. Use these instructions below to do that. After you have that part done, simply copy the contents on the Windows 7 DVD to your Flash Drive and boot it on the Acer to install windows.

http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i need it for vista not win 7 but it is empty now

The instructions I gave you is for any operating system. Use the link to convert your usb flash drive to a bootable device (like a cd / dvd would already be) then just take your Windows Vista Disc and open it up on another computer and transfer all the files/folders from it to your flash drive using copy/paste.

Then you will be able to re-install Windows.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I CANNOT FIND MY VISTA DISC BUT I CAN FIND THE WIN 7 DISC FOR MY OTHER PC CAN I USE THAT ONE

Yes you can.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok i was just told i do not have my copy can i make a back up from the pc i am using

No, sorry. In this case you will need to call Acer or use the link to order a Recovery Disc Set to put it back to the way it goes.

Order Acer Recovery Disc

http://https//secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

Acer: 1-800-816-2237

Good Luck!