Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

The ordinal 379 could not be located in the dynamic link library

Customer Question

"The ordinal 379 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" (error message)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
When exactly does that error message come up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It comes up most often when I try to open certain programs, such as a Sony CD/DVD recording program which I've since removed as I have an AVS program that works fine.
It also comes up when I try to use aspects of Corel's Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 program.
I used my Recovery program in Avanquest's System Suite to go back to a few weeks ago before going to bed last night and do not yet know if that fixed anything. I'm going to be gone this morning but I will contact you again with more specifics if it comes up again this afternoon and evening. Thanx, Bob
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
No problem take your time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since I went back a couple of weeks via the restore/recover program I have, the message no longer comes up. I've opened every program on my computer plus a variety of graphics formats and half a dozen different text files with no message coming up. I do appreciate your efforts in seeking the cause of my problems but it appears it is currently corrected. It is possible that the problem was caused by a windows 7 update but when I attempted to re-install the updates that disappeared when I went back in time, 1 of 11 updates installed and 10 of them failed to install. When I get around to installing all the Microsoft "critical" updates we'll see if the problem reoccurs. If it does, I will contact you again. I am, however, thinking of restoring my computer to its "factory fresh" original status and then just installing the programs I use consistently, not the ones I wanted to try out and then deleted. Even with Revo Uninstall I know that some of those programs debris is scattered here and there. Thanx again, Bob