Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch, Computer Network Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, USA, 15+ yrs exp. in PC & Server Hardware, Software, Networks
22212791

Bing took over my browser I want to get rid of it

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Carl Poersch replied 3 years ago.

Carl Poersch :

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you to solve your issue today.

Carl Poersch :

Hi, so where are you seeing bing that you do not want it. Is it within firefox that you wish to change it?

Carl Poersch :

in the search box in the upper right and on the home page or both?

Customer :

I don't want to see bing anywhere

Carl Poersch :

Thats fine, I am just asking where you see it now so that we can get rid of it. Are you in firefox right now? If so, you will see a tiny magnifying glass icon in the top right of firefox. Do you see that?

Customer :

yes but it also says bing not firefox

Carl Poersch, Computer Network Engineer
Experience: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, USA, 15+ yrs exp. in PC & Server Hardware, Software, Networks
OK, I think you hit the ACCEPT button too early and it ended our chat. Lets see if we can get you back into chat so I can tell you how to make the changes to get rid of bing
OK, I am not seeing the option to chat since you clicked the Accept and Exit button.

Right beside the magnifying glass icon in the top right of the screen, you will see the word Bing in light gray, then to the left of that there is a tiny triangle you can click.

Click on that triangle and a list should pop down of search engines other than bing. Click on the one that you want.

To change your startup page also called home page, do the following:

Click on Tools in the top row of Firefox,
Click on Options,
Click on the "Main" button
Then highlight and type over the text beside "Home Page" For example, type www.google.com if you want google as your home page.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have google on spy glass now can i get my old home page back now?
I'de like to se the bing tool bar gone now
To get rid of bing toolbar do this:

Click View from top menu, Click Toolbars in that sub-menu, Click on Bing and it will remove the toolbar

Click on Options,
Click on the "Main" button

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bing is now gone thank you very much , I am not wery literate an computer
and kink of impatient too,. Lost everything on top for minute blamed the old lady
and everything is back normal. haha thanks again HBL
OK, very glad I could help. Microsoft is annoying about shoving their products (including Bing which i dislike also) down your throat....