TechGuy
TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCSE, CCEA, A+
33491607

How can I convert a Wordpad file (a book) to PDF I have tried

Customer Question

How can I convert a Wordpad file (a book) to PDF? I have tried opening in Word and then saving as a PDF file but when opening in Word large gaps between the text appear including several blank pages.
Category: Computer
Expert:  TechGuy replied 5 years ago.

TechGuy :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

TechGuy :

I assume you do not have Adobe Acrobat?

JACUSTOMER-b2adew11- :

No, I don't have Adobe Acrobat

TechGuy :

There a few different PDF converters that you can download. Cute PDF is what I use and find to work pretty well. You can download it here. http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp After you install it, it shows up as a printer. So you can take your wordpad document, select file, print and choose the Cute PDF printer

TechGuy :

that will generate a pdf from the document

JACUSTOMER-b2adew11- :

Okay thanks, will try that. Can I come back to you with any queries later if not successful?

TechGuy :

Yes.

JACUSTOMER-b2adew11- :

I've dowloaded Cute PDF and saved the file as PDF but now when I open it, hieroglyphics appear.

TechGuy :

Ok. Please give me one minute.

TechGuy :

I'm not sure there is going to be a way to it straight from wordpad. You can put it in word and reformat it or if you only need it once, you can download the trial version of adobe acrobat from adobe.com, print the document and then remove the trial version when you are done. I am afraid there isn't going to be a way to do it without purchasing a third party software

JACUSTOMER-b2adew11- :

Okay, I'll try reformatting or else the trial version of adobe acrobat. Many thanks for your help.

TechGuy :

The only other option I could find that is free is dopdf http://www.dopdf.com/ it may work but I have never used it

JACUSTOMER-b2adew11- :

Thanks, will try that too.

TechGuy :

Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-b2adew11- :

Unfortunately I've run out of time tonight but will try the methods you've suggested tomorrow.Thanks for all your help.

TechGuy :

Thank you. Please click accept if you are happy with my assistance or if you want to wait and try to tomorrow. Thanks