John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE

Im getting a No Signal on my Viewsonic monitor. It was wo

I'm getting a "No Signal" on my Viewsonic monitor. It was working fine until I disconnected it from the computer in order to move it. After reconnecting, it's not getting a signal. I changed out the power cord just in case it was bad. A new video graphic card was installed last week, but the monitor had been working fine after that.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

cyball83 :

Hello and Welcome to Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

Customer:

Hello John

cyball83 :

hello sir

Customer:

ma'am :-)

cyball83 :

sorry about it.hello maam

Customer:

do you have any other suggestions than what I've already tried?

cyball83 :

is the pc working.can you see the power light on the pc

Customer:

by the way, this is on another computer, not the one I'm using right now

Customer:

yes, all power is on the pc in question

cyball83 :

can you hear the single beep sound from the pc when you turn it on

Customer:

no

Customer:

it normally does not beep

cyball83 :

ok

cyball83 :

now disconnect the signal cable from the pc to the monitor

Customer:

ok one minute i'll do that

cyball83 :

ok

Customer:

ok it's done

cyball83 :

do you have another cable to check it

Customer:

no

cyball83 :

do you have another monitor to check it

Customer:

i've already tried to replace the monitor with another and still it says no signal, and check cable

Customer:

i was thinking of buying a new monitor cable

cyball83 :

if you are sure the computer is working fine then it the signal cable

cyball83 :

not power cable

cyball83 :

please specify the make and model of the computer

Customer:

that's what i was thinking. maybe the pins are bad

cyball83 :

cyball83 :

if the power light is glowing steadily and the hard disk led is blinking that means the computer is working.please check that

Customer:

it's an HP Pavilion a1440n, but has been rebuilt with two hard drives and tons of memory plus a new video card upgraded to run games

cyball83 :

ok when did you rebuild the system

Customer:

the computer light is glowing steadily and led blinking.

Customer:

the computer was rebuilt 3 weeks ago by a computer expert friend

cyball83 :

are you chatting from laptop or desktop

Customer:

desktop

cyball83 :

ok you can try this monitor's cable on the other one

Customer:

they are not compatible since the two pc's have different video cards. This pc I'm on now has the standard video cable, the other has the 8-pin white cable

cyball83 :

ok the new one must be DVI

Customer:

i'll have to buy a new DVI to replace it, this pc doesn't have it

cyball83 :

ok

Customer:

i think i've tried just about everything and hoped you had an answer that i didn't come up with :-)

cyball83 :

it will work

cyball83 :

is there anything else you want to know

Customer:

well, thanks anyway

cyball83 :

If your doubts has been cleared please don’t forget to click ACCEPT & leave a POSITIVE Feedback and some Bonus will be well appreciated.

Customer:

I don't think this has been a resolution other than what I've come up with

Customer:

but i'll certainly look into this site again if i have any other questions. Thank you.

cyball83 :

ok

John, Computer Specialist
Experience: MCP, RHCE