Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

i need to find out where a text i got yesterday came from -you

i need to find out where a text i got yesterday came from -you did that before for me can you do it again?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. While it's not possible to locate the exact person, you can get a good idea of what area it came from by going to a site like this:

Just type the area code into the box under "Find Location by Area Code" and click Find. You can bookmark that page by pressing Ctrl+D.

Hope this helps; thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey i want to know where the sender of yesterday text is- i know 602 is phoenix but i'm pretty sure my friendnis traveling andi want to know where the text came from
You cannot physically locate someone if they are traveling. Only law enforcement can find out such information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
last time i gave the expert the whole number of sender and they told me where the text came from- if i give you the whole number and my number can you find out what area it came from?
I reviewed your previous discussion. Once again, only law enforcement can obtain such information. The previous expert went off of web sites just like the one I gave you, which tells you where the area code is located, and has no relevancy to the actual location of the cell phone device itself. If this is an urgent matter, you may wish to contact law enforcement if that party needs to be located. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for your effort- i feel i got screwed last time i will reluclantly pay you- i think i should get my money back from last time i tried this
If you feel dissatisfied with the advice provided, you are more than welcome to request a refund for that question. While I appreciate the gesture, if you did not find my advice helpful or useful, you certainly do not have to click Accept to my question. Let me know how you would like to proceed regarding the last question, though.