Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I keep getting a message High cpu usage. How do I get rid

Customer Question

I keep getting a message High cpu usage. How do I get rid of that or find the cause
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I performed the steps as suggested and it still loads slowly. Haven't done any surfing to see if it is still slow. The the boot up and load wasn't any faster.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, id like you to try a specialized virus scanner if you could.. ( its free )

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You will have to click through a few windows, make sure to only download malwarebytes, As their are several other programs on the download pages that says.. download me!! Read carefully, and only download malwarebytes..

the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Click Download, and then click save.. It will download and save the file..

Once downloaded, Run the file we just downloaded to install it..

Once installed,, Start malwarebytes ( it will be a M icon on your desktop)

Have it do a fullscan.

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. If it does find infected objects, have it remove them, then restart the computer. Let me know if you get stuck, or what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Once again I have completed all the steps in order of suggestion. My computer may be slightly faster but not much if at all. Also I was hoping to have the problem of high cpu usage elimintated. It usually happens when I am playing a game. However, the game has only recently created this problem..
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Which game is it, thats causing that issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The game is on facebook, and is called Zuma Blitz. As I say, I have been playing this game for several months and only recently have I received the "high cpu usage" message.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't received a response from my last posting.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
My apologies, i didnt see your last message, But i seen this one.

When you go to facebook, what program do you use..?

Internet explorer, mozilla firefox, safari?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Internet explorere. The game is Zuma Blitz on facebook. I have played this game for a month or so and just the other day I started receiving high CPU usage. I received this message a frequently as yesterday and yesterday I wasn't using the bame on facebook.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, lets try this as well.

click start, click run, type in inetcpl.cpl

then on the options screen that comes up, click advanced, then click reset under reset settings, then click reset again..

then when it finishes.. close and reopen internet explorer..

Then, try the game again, do you still get that message?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll have to try it later. I am at work and cannot log into Facebook. I'll try your suggetion later today.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, sounds good.. Just keep me updated..

This issue is fixable, Theres just so many different possible causes. That we dont always get it right the first time around.

Thank you for your patience!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I apologize for this long delay in responding to your last not. However at this point, I am still receiving High CPU usage. I not only happens when I am playing the game but not happens if I am streaming video or have several pages open at the same time. Also, this is a new problem. I tried to open my Itunes the other day. It would not open and a message box came up to delete Itunes and reinstall. I have done that before an did not have any problems. However this time, Itunes would download but when trying to complete the setup it would stall and hang up. I downloaded (from a disc) Windows 7 (32 bit) thinking that would eliminate my problem since many people were having the same problem with Vista. However, nothing changed. The other thing that happens when Itunes is downloaded, the resolution on my computer goes to the largest possible. So now I guess I have two problems. But the one I would like to have solved first is the Itunes as I have several thousand songs and several movies and tv shows that currently are unavailable to me. I have searched the internet for answers and the thing I have tried is to delete all apple associated files (including quicktime, bonjour, and others) I have tried downloading quicktime first, then Itunes and the result is always the same. Since I am a radio DJ and use Itunes for my program this is much more immediate than the High CPU. Also, I am not trying to get two solutions for the price of one. I gladly pay for both solutions seperately when they are completed. I hope I have given you enough information
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
You hav egiven plenty of information, to allow me to ask you the needed questions to narrow down the fix..

You mentioned downloading windows 7 from a disk..

question.. did you install windows 7 ?

need to know currently if your running Vista, or windows 7 ...

as that will determine what we do next.. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I did install the Windows 7 upgrade and I am now running windows 7 32 bit.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok..

My best advice.. Upgrade installs, are probelematic at best..

It sometimes helps, do do a repair install. after doing an upgrade install

lets try this first, as it may save us a lot of time..

Please follow the steps below, to do the repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Afterwards, let me know if anything improved. and what issues we still have.
Thanks.!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I downloaded the registry cleaner. Is that what you wanted me to do? I really don't want to go through the upgrade again as is suggested by the rest of the link supplied. It took 8 hours to install the first time.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
The repair install.. doesnt take 8 hours.. it only takes about 30 minutes..

Its the best step to start with.