Windows Live is a very old email client that can become corrupted very easily, I would suggest updating it to the newest version called Windows Live Mail. It is free and will load your new mail into the program. The duplicates should then stop.
Click on the following link:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=56883de5-2024-4631-806e-757693072a1c
1. Click the blue download button
2. You'll want to save the file to your computer
3. It will be downloaded to where your usual downloads go (please tell me if you need help finding it).
4. Double click the setup file and start setup
5. On the second screen it will give you the option to install other programs that come with Windows Live mail. You can choose to install them or clear the check next to their boxes to exclude them from the installation.
6. Follow the rest of the prompts to finish setup
7. When Windows Live Mail opens, it will ask you to fill out some information to setup your email account. Go ahead and enter your name, full email address for the username, and your password. Then follow the prompts to finish setting up your email account within Windows Live Mail (Don't check the box for manual setup, but rather let it find and configure your account automatically).
Once that is done, it should work correctly with your email account, pulling emails from the server, and allowing you to send/recieve emails. Please let me know if you still get the duplicate messages after today by posting back to this page.