James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

My hotmail says my e-mail doesnt exist. But I know its spelt

My hotmail says my e-mail doesn't exist. But I know it's spelt correctly! How do I fix this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Hi, what is the error you are getting?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The email address or password XXXXX XXXXX Please try again.
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried to reset your password?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, It says the same thing.
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Did you go through an account recovery process yet?
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.

There is a form specially designed for users who lost their password, and can't answer their secrert question. This form is manually processed by the hotmail support staff .

You can fill out the form by going to:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlidvalidation&ct=eformcs

In the form, click Continue on the bottom ( do not click links in the form itself).
Select Forgot password.
Continue to fill out the long list of questions.

At the end, you will be given a PIN - WRITE IT DOWN!
Confirm on the next page that you got the PIN.

You will then get an email with a link to a private forum. The forum will be unlocked by your PIN. An Account Specialist will provide instructions to reset your password XXXXX that forum.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have gone to this link, and it's asking my "The secret answer to your question" which I don't know because I don't even know what the question is, and... "Your IP address", but I don't even have the computer I use to use this account with anymore.

This is an old e-mail account in which I used last in 2007. The account was hacked and I was locked out of it gave up on trying. But my facebook profile was attached to this account which in turn was also hacked along with many other e-mail linked profiles. Photos, information, messages, and other offensive things have been put up on this account of "mine". I have sent 100000 messages to Faebook to get the account shut down, but they won't reply.

Since then, I have created a new e-mail and facebook profile.

In result, I haven't used this:[email protected], since 2007. So I'm not sure if Hotmail accounts, "expire" or what. But I can't answer a lot of the questions on this form.
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I understand better now.
If you didn't use the account for more than 6 months, it has indeed expired and deleted.
You can sign up for an account with the same name if you want - go to www.hotmail.com and sign up again.

J.