Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

Someone deleted my Hotmail account, How can I recover

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Bernie and I'll be the technician helping you today. Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Your Hotmail account can be recovered by signing back into it, but it doesn't let you sign in, it means that person changed the password before they deleted it.

Keep in mind that you will need some type of alternate email address so that the hotmail security team can contact you. If you don't have one, create a free one at www.gmail.com, or www.yahoo.com, etc.

Next, use this special password reset form:

windowslivehelp.com/PasswordReset.aspx

Click Continue, then on the next page, you'll want to give an e-mail address different than the one that has locked you out so that they can contact you. After that page, enter the hotmail account you're trying to re-access.

When it asks you for the secret question and alternate email address, you can put not sure and notsure@123.com respectively if you don't know them.

Generally the more information you can provide the easier and quicker it will be for the hotmail team to get you back into your account. This information can be stuff like listing some of the main contacts you send your emails to. They will also take into account what location you are sending it from, so please fill out all these details on a computer that you usually use to check the mail, whether that is your home, office, etc.

Follow the steps and fill out as much information as you can and the Hotmail team should be in touch with you. Write down the pin number when it is given to you and keep this in a safe place. Once they review all the information they will send you instructions on how to regain access to your account to the alternate email address you provided. They do take security very seriously and will help you to get back into your hotmail account. This normally takes 1-5 days, however with the more information you provide it normally takes 1-2 days.

Let me know if the issue persists by posting back to this page so that I can provide with further directions.