Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

I keep loosing my connection to AOL

Customer Question

I keep loosing my connection to AOL
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

How do you check your aol emails? Do you open AOL software like aol 9.0 to check your emails?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sandy: I have outlook express. I bring that up and I have it set on Inbox. But I can switch it to outbox. Right now I have 8 messages waiting to be sent and when ever I select send all I lose my AOL connection right away. If I am in the Inbox where I most likely will be and I try to do anything but just read the existing E Mails it will lose the AOL Connection. I have reconnected a dozen times this morning and it will drop off almost right away. Dave
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sandy I see there is an error message each time...same one..AC-1502 ox84100113 if that is meaningful to you. A tried to click on the accept and it would not let me. Dave
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay perhaps this will error message had this under option 3:

AC-1502; err 0x84100113 OS WIN XP-SP3; ACS Dial Connection Firewalls: Norton Internet Worm Protection

Does not mean anything to me. This is an HP Pavilion a1528x system. Up to now it has worked okay.

Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Please check your pop and smtp settings once.

Open outlook express
Please click tool, click Accounts, click your email accounts.

Please check smtp
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well I brought up smtp on the internet and it did not really tell me anything yet. My computer looses its connection so quickly that I can't really check much. I did what you asked but it did not do anything. Kind of disappointed with myself. I suppose I could just use the telephone and call people. Stupid computers!
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Please restore your computer to the date when it was working fin

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get my message I got yhr Start I got the All Programs I do not have the System Tools and I do not have the Systm restore.
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.

What is the operating system on the computer? Windows xp, windows vista or windows 7?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OKay Sandy...I thought I had it fixed but no. I have a PH XP

I have Web root I have Olatimium Anti Virus I have Mc afee anti virus and yesterday I put for $80 Norton Anti Virus. Took 7 hours and I thought it had it fixed put now this morning it is shutt down again.

My Nephew (who is a busy young man and hard to get to come by) might be able to fix this. I'm sure if you were looking at the thing you could fix it in two shakes of a lambs tail.

I have not left you a negative feedback unless saying it does not work is being negative? I did click on the accept button. But you do understand that as of now you actually have not helped me? You do realize that do you not. Dave

Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
I appreciate your patience.

Yes there is an issue with the computer. You have multiple security antivirus.

Only 1 Antivirus is recommended for computer. You can call up norton and ask for money back. You do not need so many antivirus. Please remove norton from the computer.

Let me tell you.

IF a computer has more than 1 antivirus, these antivirus start fighting with each other thinking each other virus. Please keep only one antivirus.

You have told me that you have 2 more antivirus. Please remove one of mcafee or webroot from the computer.

How to remove antivirus:

Please clicks start, click control panel, click Programs and Features or Programs(Add or Remove is you have Windows XP). Now, please remove 2 additional antivirus from the computers

Thank you.