Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

my acer aspire one wont connect to wireless internet. my

my acer aspire one won't connect to wireless internet. my cable company already checked the modum and changed the router so they're all working fine. Apparently, this is a common problem with this model computer. Just bought it at Christmas of 2010 and already having problems
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Does your acer aspire laptop detects wireless networks?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My acer laptop will not detect the wireless network.
Expert:  Sandy replied 5 years ago.
Please start wlan autoconfig services:

1. Go to Start and right click Computer. Select and click Manage.

Vista Manage Computer

2. Computer Management window will appear. Under Services and Applications, select Services.

Note: Here is the other way to reach this Services: Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

3. Scroll down and select WLAN AutoConfig. Check whether it is started…

Vista Computer Management

4. Double-click the service and its properties window will appear. If the startup type is not set to automatic, click on the dropdown arrow and change it to Automatic. Click Start to start the service if it’s not started. Click OK at last.

Note: If you don’t enable this feature, the Vista's Connect To window will not detect any wireless network. You need to use other wireless utility to do it.

WLAN AutoConfig Properties