Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware
13934950

my netbook is displaying ... check cable connection! PXE-MOF

my acer aspire one netbook is displaying ..       For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.2(03/31/10) check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key. Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083) Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation             I don't know how to fix this. Help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Santonu replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately the error message indicates a hard drive failure. The system is trying to boot from network since it is unable to detect the hard drive and thus showing the error message regarding PXE

To confirm, restart the system and press F2 during startup to access CMOS setup utility (you need to repeatedly tap F2 after turning on the system)

See if the hard drive is listed in the first page. If the system is able to detect the drive, it will show the model number of the drive, and in some system, its capacity.

graphic

If you do not find the model number of the hard drive OR it shows None (or Not detected) beside HDD Model Name then the system failed to detect the hard drive.

Another option is using the following steps to reset hardware:

1 Disconnect the battery and the charger. If there is any devices connected to any of the USB ports, disconnect the same.

2 Wait for 10 minutes

3 Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and release power button

4 Reconnect the battery and charger, try to start by pressing the power button.

5 Once the system starts, repeatedly tap F2 key to enter CMOS setup

6 Then press F9 to load default settings

7 Press F10 to Save and Exit setup

If it remains same, then the problem is with hard drive. In that case you need to replace the hard drive.

Thanks