Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

where did my personalized google home page go - with weather,

Customer Question

where did my personalized google home page go? - with weather, selected news, TV, movies, etc?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. Just to confirm, do you have a Google account and were you logged in to that custom Google page previously?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have Google as mhy homepage with personalized info ojn it - does that mean I have an account? I also have a Google oassword.....
As long as you were logged in to the Google account, you can easily restore your personalized Google page by going to this link and sign in:

www.google.com/ig

Select "Sign in" in the top right.

Hope this helps; thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no this did not restore my page when I logged in...... how do I redo a homepage then and be able to choose which things I want to add and view each time I log onto IE?
OK; the reason it didn't restore was because you were not logged in and simply were working off of a 'cookie' which can expire or be erased from your PC at any time. Avoid doing that so that you don't have to do this again. You will basically need to be sure to log in again, then simply click "Add stuff" near the top right corner (under the search box) or select the symbols in the top right of each box on the page to edit or delete existing gadgets. Hope this helps; thanks.

(To make that page your homepage, please go to Tools > Internet Options ... and click "Use current" whenever you are on the personalized google page.)

FS
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this did not work, but how do I just sign off with you, Frederick, and keep trying on my own? Is this a harge on this site?
I don't know what you mean by 'this did not work' as I gave you a series of points and suggestions. You are more than welcome to open another tab or window. You can exit this page at any time.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when I close the windo and go to homepage, this window pops up again...
Did you go to Tools > Internet Options and select Use Current on THIS page instead of the Google personalized home page?