Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

In my msconfig under Services , the Power service is causing

Customer Question

In my msconfig under "Services", the "Power" service is causing an automatic restart once I login to windows 7 and the icons load up. This generally occurs within 30 seconds to 2 minutes after logging on. I determined it was this "Power" service after much trial and error. HOWEVER! This "Power" service is that which allows my speakers and audio to work. Without a workable Power service, I can't hear on my PC. Is there a way to fix this please!
Category: Computer
Expert:  DRobertson replied 3 years ago.

Intro:

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers.

We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

-----------------------------------------------

Good day.

I saw your posting and would like to try and help.

Lets first check and make sure that under "Services" in Administrator Tools, does the "power" show as 'Automatic' on it's setting?

Also, I would like you to do a test for me below and let me know the results:

Restart or power up the system, if off, and just has soon as you see anything on the screen, start tapping rapidly, 4 or 5 times, the F8 key. Your going to think about just holding it down altogether, but this will cause an error, so please do not do so. Tap rapidly.

We are looking for a menu on the screen that says, "Windows Startup Menu". If you do make it there, then you will use the down arrow key and move down to "Safe Mode" and then tap Enter.

It will eventually get to asking a yes and no question about Safe Mode. Answer yes. Now you will go to your desktop, or if you usually have to log in, then it will ask you to do so.

Note also that not everything functions in this mode, and / or may look different. This is ok and normal.

Now when at the desktop, lets see if the unit still does it's rebooting in this mode. if this does not reboot on it's own, then after you judge enough time has passed, do a reboot and the unit will go back to normal mode.

Be sure to let me know the results on this and thank you.