Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

How can I restore my solitaire game back into my computer

How can I restore my solitaire game back into my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 3 years ago.

Jess :

Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

Customer:

Hi.

Jess :

How did you lose the Solitaire program in your computer?

Customer:

I was trying to get my printer to work and could not find a way to fix it so

Customer:

I started deleting some old things in the computer and the next thing i knew it

Jess :

Ok. What version of Windows are you using?

Jess :

XP? Vista? 7?

Customer:

the game were gone too and I don't rember whish things i deleted.

Customer:

xp

Jess :

Ok.. Please do these:

Customer:

What?

Jess :

1. Click Start => Settings => Control Panel
2. Click the item: Add or Remove Programs
3. In the left panel, click the 3rd entry named: Add/Remove Windows Components
4. In the components' list, under Accessories and Utilities, click Details
5. There you should see Games

Jess :

Make sure that Games is checked and click OK

Jess :

Then click NEXT

Jess :

Then Windows should re-install all games that are previously loaded

Customer:

Any instrustions can you e-mail me @ XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX because i still don't have working printer to use

Jess :

You can just view this conversation anytime...

Jess :

Please try the steps above...

Customer:

It is asking for a xp home ed. cd-rom to be used what i have is a mc office professional cd

Jess :

Oh ok... You really need the XP CD to get the games loaded.. DO you have the XP CD Installer?

Customer:

I am sorry i don/t know what that is

Jess :

It is a CD or Compact Disc that is labeled as Windows XP. You have that disc if you bought the disc and install XP yourself. But when your PC came with XP pre-loaded, there should also be a re-installation disc there...

Customer:

I got this computer from a friend and they don't have any cd left from the sell can i get adownload from microsoft to help inthis problem?

Customer:

would it be better to have the computer scrubbed and have a place like Office Depot put in a program for me?

Jess :

Well, Windows XP is no longer available for download in MS site now... You can just borrow an XP disc for this purpose only...

Jess :

What do you mean? Do you have a lot of problems with your computer? Or this solitaire is the only problem?

Jess :

Please try SYSTEM RESTORE then...

Customer:

Just the solitasire

Jess :

Please BOOKMARK or COPY our chat URL so that you can get back to me when you are disconnected or when you need to restart.

To bookmark, click Favorites => Add to favorites
Or copy the URL and paste it to Notepad and save it. Load the URL back in your browser to get back this conversation.

System Restore will not affect your files. It will only restore your computer's system files back to a saved "state" know as restore points. When you do System Restore, choose a restore point which is dated back to the time and DATE when this problem has not yet occurred.

How to Run System Restore in Windows XP

Navigate to the Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools program group.
Click on the System Restore program icon.
Click Next => on the Restore system files and settings window.
Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now.

Important: You need to check the Show more restore points checkbox to see more than the most recent restore points available in your system.

Customer:

I went back to12/15/10 and it didn't change a thing

Jess :

Ok... So the only way to restore the deleted program is to re-install it from the XP disc...

Jess :

You can just borrow an XP disc and proceed with the steps I gave you above and it shall re-install the Games folder

Jess :

Also, you can try downloading a free solitaire game and see if it works

Customer:

Thanks for all your help I will try the free download first.

Jess :

Yes... It looks great... However, that is a separate program that is not a part of the MS XP so you can enjoy it if you love solitaire game

Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer