Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My computer is slow and my Yahoo mail is not working correctly.

I know I need to add spyware but I do not want to upload the incorrect one to upgrade my computer
can you help me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer:

Hi I am Barb

Customer:

My computer is not acting right and my spy sweeper comes up to renew

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Barb it sounds like you might some infected objects on your PC. I can assist you with scanning your PC.

Customer:

not sure if I need Weboot and not sure what to get

ITTechQ&A :

Ok, first let's use a free utility called malwarebytes it's very effective and best of all free.

Customer:

ok

ITTechQ&A :

I will give you the download link. Please give me a moment.

Customer:

ok

ITTechQ&A :

Use the link provided, when you reach the site click on "click here to download the installer". Then click on "Run" the site will download and install Ccleaner and Malwarebytes let me know when this is completed.

Click here>>>>Installer

Customer:

it is finished

ITTechQ&A :

Ok, great. Go to the desktop and locate ccleaner. This is a junk cleaner program will remove all the junk/temp files on the PC and help the scan complete faster. Once the program is open click on Run Cleaner.

Customer:

ok doing it now

ITTechQ&A :

When this completes close it out and open malwarebytes you should be prompted to update click "yes". When done select quick scan and start the scan.

Customer:

it is still scanning

ITTechQ&A :

ok no problem has it found any infected objects?

Customer:

yes over 100

ITTechQ&A :

ok

Customer:

how long does it usually take

ITTechQ&A :

When the scan is complete and you remove the infected objects you will probably be prompted to restart the PC. It depends, it can take anywhere from 5-25mins depending on the system and how many infected objects there are.

Customer:

it is done so do i hit show results now

ITTechQ&A :

Ok, great. Click on show results.

ITTechQ&A :

In the next window click on remove

Customer:

I did not hit that yet but it shows 259

ITTechQ&A :

remove all the objects, if your prompted to restart click "no" you will restart later.

Customer:

ok it is removing them

Customer:

looks as done a sheet came up close out of it

ITTechQ&A :

Yes a notepad comes up its the log file you can close it.

Customer:

now it is saying could not remove all move to log file and wuld I like to restart my computer

Customer:

would

ITTechQ&A :

click no

Customer:

ok

ITTechQ&A :

A restart is required to finish removing all of the infected objects. However we can restart later.

Customer:

ok

ITTechQ&A :

What operating system are you using XP, vista or Win7?

Customer:

vista

ITTechQ&A :

Ok, click on the windows "start" button in the search box type in MSCONFIG and hit enter. The system config button will appear click on the "startup" tab.

ITTechQ&A :

Remove all the check boxes except for anything that says microsoft

ITTechQ&A :

This will help you PC boot up faster by disabling startup item. Many of these can startup on demand and don't need to start when the PC does, also viruses sometimes will put a item in hear as well.

Customer:

A continue block pop up

ITTechQ&A :

proceed click yes.

ITTechQ&A :

or continue.

ITTechQ&A :

After you remove the check marks click "apply" then "ok" this will also prompt you to restart. Click on close without restart.

Customer:

I am sure I got them all

Customer:

hope

Customer:

sorry took me moment had to click on the top links to find the boxes

ITTechQ&A :

Ok, good. I was seen in your question you asked about webroot. Just to let you know no antivirus is 100% guaranteed to protect you against a virus. However some anti-virus protection softwares are better then others. As a computer expert I would say webroot is good but if you want a better software I would recommend using Eset Nod32 it can be found at eset.com It ranks really high versus many of the popular antivirus softwares.

ITTechQ&A :

It's my preferred choice software and recommend it all my clients.

Customer:

I will go to the eset.com then thanks so much

Customer:

I just don't want to pick the incorrect one

ITTechQ&A :

You can purchase eset antivirus 4 that will be fine. The smart security is not neccesary, they only offer 2 selection either eset antivirus 4 or eset smart security 4.

Customer:

thank you for your help

ITTechQ&A :

You are very welcome glad I could assist you!

ITTechQ&A :

If I helped or fixed your issue, PLEASE click "Accept" leaving Positive Feedback to reward my time/effort. A bonus is appreciated.
Please "Reply" with additional questions/info rather then give Negative Feedback.

ITTechQ&A :

After the restart of your PC you will be fine.

Customer:

Ok I will do that again thank you Cris you helped out a great deal

Customer:

nice chatting with you!

ITTechQ&A :

Same here.

Customer:

Have a good night

Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.