James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

When I listen to music on my acer computer (MS Vista), or if

Customer Question

When I listen to music on my acer computer (MS Vista), or if I am idle for a short time, Acer ads occur with sound effects. Very annoying when listening to music. Is there a way to stop these acer ads?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 6 years ago.

knoker1234 :

Hello

knoker1234 :

My name is James

knoker1234 :

Wleocme to Just Answer

knoker1234 :

So when you listing to Music ,you still get Windows sounds

knoker1234 :

?

Customer:

sounds are generated when the acer ads for their new laptops start whenever I am not using the computer. It's idle or I am listening to music

knoker1234 :

ok are these sounds comming from the Acer webpage ?

Customer:

I don't know. They are flashy ads telling how great their new laptops are. This is something that did not occur until recently. I have been using this Acer Aspire for 2 years before this started. It's if they begin whenever there is idle time on my part of computer use. If I am doing a Norton scan, they will start, but if I hit any key they stop.

knoker1234 :

Ok lets do a couple of things , i think they are comming from a webpage , but lets find out

knoker1234 :

First lets run a scan with Malware , it find spyware /adware CLICK HERE then in the top left and get the blue version free

knoker1234 :

if that comes back clean we will look at the Broswer settings , if that fails we look if a program is causing it

Customer:

I am unable to minimize the just answer screen to run Malware from my icon screen. I have not been able to run malware recently.It locks up at C:\program file\abbyyFine Reader6.0sprint\Roman .amt.

knoker1234 :

Hello

knoker1234 :

Ok do this

knoker1234 :

Press Ctrl and D - that will bookmark this Page - so you can get back to me

knoker1234 :

Then do this

knoker1234 :

Restart the Machine

knoker1234 :

Tap F8 > Keep tapping

knoker1234 :

A list of Options will appear

knoker1234 :

Choose Safemode with Networking

knoker1234 :

Log in and they you will be able to Run Malware

knoker1234 :

then come back to me from the bookmarked link , of log into Just answer and click on my qestions in the top right

Customer:

ok will do. I missed sending additional info: I tried to delete program abbyy fine reader etc., and got message, 'windows installer service could not be accessed'. I also wanted to delete another program, and that went through without a warning message? Whenever I tried to delete abbyy fine reader, kept getting 'windows installer' message.

knoker1234 :

Ok we can forcefully remove the software , using some software called Revo

knoker1234 :

lets get malware run , then we can remove this program

Customer:

ok

Expert:  James K. replied 6 years ago.

Let me know What happens when you have Run Malware

Cheers James

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
finally got revo to remove program abbyy...
Malware ran and removed 1 infected iitem.
Expert:  James K. replied 6 years ago.
Ok good ,

Has it resolved the problem ?

If so please click Accept and leave feedback

Cheers James
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Got malware to finally run a full scan. while it ran, the acer ad would come on after ashort time as if it was some kind of screen saver.
Expert:  James K. replied 6 years ago.
Interesting

Do this

Click start >type Msconfig >
Click the services tab , then hide all Microsoft services >then disable all >
Restart is the problem gone >?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Problem still occurs. The computer seems to be less quirky though. Also, I have the
MS shield superimposed on the revo icon after I installed it and ran. MSshield has been on the Malware icon as well for a time?
Expert:  James K. replied 6 years ago.
do you mean the run as administrator Icon?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's the icons that appear on the startup screen. malwarebytes, revo are two.icons which have the shield superimposed, revo as recent as yesterdays iintall. The MS shield is the same as shown with the ms defender(shield with 4 colors red blue,green,yellow). Also I started getting a list of programs that windows did not like when i booted up the computer. Message said windows blocked them from the startup