James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

my yahoo chat rooms are not showing up in the list. What is

Customer Question

my yahoo chat rooms are not showing up in the list. What is the problem
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Hi, can you tell me more about the problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

when trying to access the chat rooms from yahoo messenger from the top menu bar i can get yahoo chat to pick a room and then the list of rooms do not show up on the right hand side of the window that allows you to pick the room you want to enter into

Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Are you using Internet Explorer for this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it is going thru internet explorer for this and i just sent a message explaining what the problem was as you had asked for more details and i supplied them to you
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is not working i don't think you understand my situation. On the desktop you have loaded yahoo messenger. From that window there is a selection at the top of the messenger window that says messenger. You click that and go to yahoo chat and it will have a pop out tool that says join a room you select that command then you hit enter. A list of categories shows up on the left and enter rooms is on the right which allows you to select a room. On the right hand side none of the rooms to select from are showing up but the categories on the left does. There are supposed to be rooms on the right for you to select to enter and they are not showing up at all. That is the problem and this is in messenger on the desktop
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
When did the problem start?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it started just today actually it just started a while ago

Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Click Start, and go to Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools
Click System Restore
Follow the prompts to restore your system to a date when your'e certain it was working properly.

After you reboot, your system will be just as it was at the date you selected.