Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

The quick access toolbar and ribbon disappeared from my computer

The quick access toolbar and ribbon disappeared from my computer screen, so I cannot print anything. How can I get it back on screen.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. Can you please tell me what program the ribbon is missing from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Windows XP I was going to print something this morning and discovered print button was not there as well as the quick access bar and ribbon Windows 2007
OK, so I think you mean Microsoft Office 2007, in Microsoft Word, perhaps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes.
OK; please try pressing CTRL+[F1] at the same time on your keyboard. So, hold CTRL and then press the [F1] key and see if the ribbon returns; thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hope this makes sense. In my e-mail and internet I am unable to print...I do not see a print button. I went to Word and the information was there...how do I get my print button back on the other programs.
I see. What program do you use for e-mail? Is it the same program you use to browse the Internet? Is it Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a gmail account (would that be google) not sure. and use internet explorer by default...Firefox is also on my computer
OK, but whenever you check your gmail account, do you just go to gmail.com or are you using an email client like Outlook?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just go to gmail account...I do not use Outlook. What I have missing in the left hand corner is the File button that takes me down to print...I use that for printing an email or print something off the internet.
Perfect; thanks for that information. Now, please press the [ALT] key on your keyboard. A menu should pop up in the top left with the File/Edit/Tools/Help, etc options. Now, please select VIEW > Toolbars > Menu Bar to check the Menu bar, and you will then be able to see that toolbar once again. If "Command Bar" is not checked, go back to View > Toolbars and select Command Bar to re-enable it. Hope this helps; thanks. (You can also print any webpage by right-clicking on the page and selecting Print.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I selected the ALT key, but no menu popped up.
OK, as an alternate way to get it back, please look on top and see if you have a Favorites bar or other toolbar and right-click on it. Select "Menu Bar" to check it, and also select Command Bar. That will restore the toolbars back. Thanks.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.