Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

my hotmail account was deactivated from lack of can

Customer Question

my hotmail account was deactivated from lack of can i recover old emails
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Josh and I will be helping you.

Unfortunately since it was deactivated you can follow these steps to get in touch with a live representative of Hotmail. It is no guarantee that your emails will still be there

You will need to fill out the form as if it was compromised and tell them that it was deactivate when you get in touch or you can write it in on the form if you find a spot.

You will need to send a request to Hotmail that your account is compromised. Once you have your account back, make sure you change your password to something that is uncommon. Make sure it is not a birthday, house address, etc

Please visit this website: or you can copy and paste:

You will need to click "Continue" on the bottom of that page to the left.

This is a special portal that Windows Live has set up to assist those who have had their account compromised and/or who are unable to access their alternate e-mail or answer their security question.

On the link provided, you will basically give them an e-mail address other than the one that you cannot access that you would like to be contacted at, then provide them with as many details as possible to verify your identity.

Once you get to the first screen with a place to enter an e-mail address, please enter another e-mail address that you want to be contacted at that is different from the one you cannot access right now.

Then on the screen after that one box, please enter the e-mail address of the Windows Live account you want to regain access to.

If you don't know the answer to your secret question, or don't know your alternate e-mail address, that's okay. Any fields that are REQUIRED but that you DO NOT KNOW simply need to be filled in.

For the secret question (answer), you can put I don't know

For the alternate e-mail address, you can put [email protected]

As long as you provide other details (like people you frequently e-mail), and as long as you send the request from a place that you frequently access your e-mail account from (like home, work, or school), they will generally have no problem sending you account reset information so that you can get back into your e-mail.

Once you are on the final step, you will be given a PIN to access a forum. Please write this PIN down! It will not be sent to you.

If you have any further questions, let me know. However, be sure to enter the right e-mail address that they can contact you at, and be sure to enter the right e-mail address you are attempting to gain access to. As long as you do this, you should be able to regain access to your account within 1-5 days. I understand this seems like a long time but it is the only for-sure way to regain access to your account.

You can simply log back in once a Windows Live representative gets in contact with you through the link provided above and you will then be able to change your password and change your security question and make sure your location information is still the same as well

You can also post a question here regarding your account being deactivated:

Also you can send an email to: [email protected]

If you have anymore questions please respond back otherwise press ACCEPT