John, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science
27270878

How can I recall a sent message from outlook web access

How can I recall a sent message from outlook web access?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

John :

Hi

John :

Click the "Log Off" button at the top of the Outlook Web Access (OWA) navigation pane. Click the "Close" button, then click the "Yes" button.

Open the Microsoft Office Outlook program.

Click the "Sent Items" folder in the "All Mail Folders" list.

Locate the message you wish to recall in the "Sent Messages" list. Double click the message to open it in a new window.

Click "Actions" in the top menu bar, and select "Recall this Message." Or, press "Alt" and "A" on your keyboard at the same time, then press "T." The "Recall this Message" window will be displayed.

Click the radio button that corresponds to the action you wish to perform. Outlook selects the option to "Delete Unread Copies of this Message" by default.

Leave the check box next to "Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient" checked if you want updates regarding your attempt to recall the message.

Click "OK."

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

I can't find the "actions" buttom from the top bar. Are there versions of outlook that don't allow you to recall messages?

John :

Which version are you using

John :

Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010.

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

2007. I'm logged in from a remote computer. Could this effect it?

John :

no

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

where exactly is the action button loated?

John :

Recall a message

Do the following:

1. In Mail, in the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes buttons for the Mail, Calendar, and Tasks views and the folders within each view. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Sent Items.

2. Open the message that you want to recall.

3. On the Message tab, in the Actions group, click Other Actions, and then click Recall This Message.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]I don't see the Recall This Message command

If you do not see the Recall This Message command, then probably you do not have an Exchange Server account or you are not using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Both are required to use the recall feature.

You can check the Account Settings dialog box in Outlook for the types of e-mail accounts in your Outlook profile.

1. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.

2. On the E-mail tab, the Type column lists the type of account for each entry.

1. Click Delete unread copies of this message.

Note If you are sending the message to a large number of people, you may want to clear the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient check box.

Callout 1 Select whether you want to only delete the message or delete and replace the message.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] Select the check box to receive a confirmation that the recall was successful.
John :

John :

1. In Mail, in the Navigation Pane, click Sent Items.

2. Open the message you want to recall or replace.

3. On the Actions menu, click Recall This Message.

John :

Please do the above 3 steps only

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

THere

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

There's no action menu?

John :

You can refer the below links for reference.

LINK 1

LINK 2

John :

You need to login to Outlook not on web access.

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

How do I do that?

John :

John :

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

I don't have Microsoft Outlook on my computer. I can only access it from web access. Am I out of luck?

John :

Yes

John :

You need to log into outlook if you need to recall a sent email

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

shoot! Okay.

John :

Thanks alot for using Just Answer

John :

Click on ACCEPT, if you are satisfied with the reply.

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

Can I do it from my blackberry?

John :

There is no unsend option in BB

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

ok

John :

Sorry to tell you that

John :

You can do it Lotus or MS Outlook

John :

You can do it in Lotus or MS Outlook

JACUSTOMER-3m3smn63- :

I guess I'm out of luck then.

John :

Sorry to tell you that