Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.

my v715w will not print. The printer will not set up to my

my v715w will not print. The printer will not set up to my wifi and will not connect with the usb.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have windows 7... I cant find the bit version ..clicked on computer icon..and under properties it just has task bar, start menu and tools
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just found it... its 64 bit
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely using the Windows Install Cleanup TOOL and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the DELL printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://wikisend.com/download/887790 and click on "Download file" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any DELL printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you).

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://support.dell.com/support/d ownloads/download.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R285505&SystemID=PRN_ALL_V715W&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=21497&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=40&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=429239

And click the "Download" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted. Otherwise click SAVE and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation.

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer and try to print

9- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

10- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Experience: Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.