boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp

trying to access netflix, problem with code activation

Category: Computer
Expert:  boxfrederick replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you.

What kind of device are you trying to activate for netflix use, and are you able to make it to the activation page on the web. If so then your internet is good and is not causing this problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have a roku xds yes i get to the activation page but it requests new code when i click to get new code pop up for netflix support adresse shows then goes away
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how can i access netflix
Have you tried going into your netflx account from a pc and see if everything is fine with your account, otherwise can you stream movies on your pc from your netflix account.

It also seems lots of people have been having this problem with roku devices since the weekend. It seems there is an issue with netflix's servers at the moment. You can try deactivating the roku device and then going through the process again and see if you get an activation code from your roku device. If your netflix account is working fine from any other devices such as the pc then you are going to need to wait for netflix to fix the problem with there server not connecting to roku devices.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ihave done the set up on my roku 4 times to day getting a different code each time roku is good, signal is good my wife is watching a movie on her lap top right now
Yes your device is fine, it seems netflix is having some issues activating devices today. When you go to netflix.com/activate on your laptop after getting a code from your Roku device (Which you should leave that code window up on your roku device until you put the code into your pc at the activation page, ensure you are signed into netflix when you do the activation from your pc browser)
STEPS AGAIN:

Sign into netflix on a pc

now without closing that browser or tab type in netflix.com/activate in your address bar

It will load another window with an text block to insert your activation code, insert the code displayed on your television at this time into your pc browser text block.

Without closing anything hit activate, if the activation is done properly your pc will eventually change its browser page to one that says activation complete on your netflix ready device.

When you look at your television with the roku device connected you should see an open netflix account showing your instant queue. If activation does not work your pc will have given you an error code stating that the device could not be activated. If this happens give me the netflix error code so i can assist you further.

If anything ensure you are signed into netflix before trying to go to the activation page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
iwill have to get another code number from roku as net flix tells me it is only valid for 30mins.
OK, have have the activation window ready and open as described earlier on your pc before getting the code for your roku device.

This way you will be ready to put in the code once you get it from your device.
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience: Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp