Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

My Internet Explorer home page doesnt come up. No favorites

My Internet Explorer home page doesn't come up. No favorites come up, nothing. When I go through my Mozilla everything works fine. Any ideas as to why my Internet Explorer will not work. Any help will greatly appreciated
OS: Windows Vista
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

In IE, please go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings; do you see any option checked there?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing is checked.
I see, so you are unable to access any webpage (ex- at all, in IE? When did you start having this issue?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Quite a while back it did the same thing. I kept trying to fix it and all of a sudden it started working. I don't recollect exactly what I did. This time it started yesterday 2/2/2011
I see, and what's your security program? Is/was it Norton, by any chance?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The regular Windows protection plus Webroot anti-virus with spyware
I see. First off, please restart your computer and tap down the F8 key at bootup until the Advanced Windows Options menu comes up.

Select 'Safe Mode', boot into Windows in that mode, then go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Choose a different restore point, then restore your system back to a date and time prior to when you started having this issue with IE.

Restart normally thereafter, and let me know if this resolves your issue all right.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well it appears that's just what it needed to get this thing back on track. I certainly appreciate the help/advice. Thanks Respectfully XXXXX