Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

My computer (acer aspire one) boots up or starts to boot up

Customer Question

My computer (acer aspire one) boots up or starts to boot up and then shuts off by itself
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for choosing justanswer.com I will be glad to assist you today. When it shuts down by itself does it completly shut off or does it just go black and the computer still runs?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

it shuts off completly.

There are two things that can actually be causing this problem either the fan and heatsync are not cooling the processor down in time so it shuts down to protect itself or the motherboard is not functing correctly at all. How long have you had this computer. There is one more option the power supply could be faulty. Does it do the same thing on just battery only?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've had the computer for about three months. It just started doing this, this morning. It does the same thing with battery only. Some times windows will start up all the way, but not much past that.
Sounds like the issue you are having is a cooling issue. The good new is the computer is still under manufacturer warrenty the bad news is there is no easy fix for this kind of problem or software that can fix this. You will have to make arrangements with acer to they can repair it for you or have someone local to repair it at no expense. You can call them at 1-800-816-2237 central time they are open 7 days a week.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont believe it is a heat or cooling issue. sometimes it shuts off in less than five seconds.

There is no set time for this kind of issue. Like I said there is a possibility your motherboard can also be causing this issue. There are two possibilities motherboard or cooling system meaning heat sync and fan.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I didn't need an expert to tell me to ask for a warrenty repair. And His answer didn't make sense.
What part of my answer did not make sense? You need to communicate are you looking for a particular answer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't believe you :

It shuts off too quickly for it to be a cooling issue.

You know what have a great day. and good luck.