Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a Lexmark X6170 printer and need a driver to connect

I have a Lexmark X6170 printer and need a driver to connect with Vista OS. All attempts to access the driver site on line produce an OOPS message saying the site is not available. Please advise a solution for this problem. My email is:[email protected] My phone is: XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

I am very sorry, but unfortunately Lexmark does not support this printer for Win Vista as of now. It means Lexmark currently does not provide a driver / software to make this device compatible to Win Vista for this device.

Also, no other company will provide you a driver for this as its a Lexmark product. So there is absolutely no way to get around this.

You might (not guaranteed) be able to do some basic operations on this device using Win Vista's built in basic (generic) driver. This will be installed automatically when you will plug in the printer, power it up and restart computer.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a Windows 7 version of a driver?

I am sorry, there is no driver even for Windows 7 for this model.